[SOLVED] What the hell!!!??? Why wont PS let basic html to be added in CMS?

Grrrr, PS is really great software and has a great CMS system. The CONSTANT hassle is that the pages I want to create are SEVERLEY limited by tinymce "editing" the code and I constantly get the "the field content (English (English)) is invalid" error. This is utter bullocks as I am just trying to create a reseller application form in this case, for goodness sakes!

I have researched this and found a few solutions such as enabling jscript in the popup text editor, but as yet, nothing works for me.

What is the point of having the CMS if you can't really do anything creative with it?

Does anyone have the slightest suggestion to get this working?

Regards,

Thanks for the reply, and forgive me stressing, but I am just pulling my hair out trying to get this to work.
Ok, let me explain what I am trying to do here...

1) I have opened up "notepad" written the text code and saved the file as "dealerapplicationform.html"
2) I double click that file and when viewed in any browser I see my complete dealer application form, with input fields and a submit button etc...
3) I go to the Prestashop CMS tab and click "Add New"
4) I fill in all meta and friendly url info and then paste my dealer application form one of two ways:
a) Just simply paste in the input window or..
B) click "HTML" button and paste there
5) I then and then try update and save etc and get the error: "1 error 1. the field content (English (English)) is invalid"

6) Now, if I take out the code for the "submit" and "view terms and conditions" buttons , then the page is created successfully, but when I view it, the page is totally different because the code I pasted has been changed.

dealerapplicationform.html

A solution!!!

Without having to edit any code I used the following solution from another post in this forum relating to users trying to embed googlemap code:

"Once you have those go to the admin page (using FireFox) you need to edit. then you will have to go to… Tools > Web Developer > Disable > Disable Javascript > All Javascript.
Now refresh the page. The Editor will now not load. Put your google maps code in and save.
Once you have done that. turn Javascript back on. Tools > Web Developer > Disable > Disable Javascript > All Javascript.
Then your done."

I did this and successfully managed to load up my dealer application form.

Again, thanks for the assistance Damien

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Im trying to do some "onclicks" with no success. What a pain in the ass. Does anyone here know what code to take out or put in that will allow me to use onclick in the product description without getting that dumb ass error?

I looked in the tiny_mce.js and see that on line (hmmmm, uhhhh, 1 :) it SHOULD allow 'onclicks' under the valid_elements: area

Im confused and frustrated! Any help would be appreciated.