PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.9 - by PrestaShop - Does Not Register Orders In The Back Office.

Billy

Prestshop Version 1.6.1.1

PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.9 - by PrestaShop

------

This module lets customer pay for the order. The order does register with paypal. However the order never makes to my back office. We half to manually go and find the abandoned cart. Then we need to create manually a account for the order. What a mess...

What happend with paypal? It use to work perfect.

1) Would a modern cipher suite (my website) passing info to and obsolete cipher suite (paypal) cause this issue?

2) Think about it this way. Because it would be backwards of what I just posted. The idea here is to get the data back from paypal. So the senario would be.. (SHA1 w\obsolete ciper suite paypal.com) passing order info back to a website running a (SHA2 w\modern cipher suite mywebsite.com)

Are you following a long so far?

------

Paypal is running an (obsolete cipher suite) Meaning ---> RSA.

You can test all this for yourself. 

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/index.html

If you test paypal.com then test fackbook.com you will see the difference between the two.

It is faster if you just look in chrome tho. If you click on the green padlock it will tell you weather your running obsolete or a modern cipher suite.

-------

Anyway when you click on the green padlock in chrome it basically (shames) you into upgrading your server/website.

(What customer in the world wants to see that your running anything "obsolete"). This is bad for business. Thanks a lot Chrome!

So anyway I installed a new SSL Cert and it was a (SHA2 256 bit SSL) So I went to chrome to find how it like the new SSL cert I just installed. Well it said I had a (obsolete cipher suite) damn.

So I had to change my cipher suite and I used the one from https://mozilla.github.io/server-side-tls/ssl-config-generator/

In chrome it now says I am running a (modern cipher suite)

-------

Here is the letter from paypal.

-------

IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED: PayPal service upgrades.

As we have previously communicated to you, PayPal is upgrading the certificate for www.paypal.com to SHA-256. This endpoint is also used by merchants using the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) product.

This upgrade is scheduled for 9/30/2015; however, we may need to change this date on short notice to you to align to the industry security standard.

You’re receiving this notification because you’ve been identified as a merchant who has used IPN endpoints within the past year. If you have not made the necessary changes, we urge you to do so right away to avoid a disruption of your service!

Because these changes are technical in nature, we advise that you consult with your individuals responsible for your PayPal integration. They will be able to identify what, if any, changes are needed. Please share this email and the hyperlinks below with your technical contact for evaluation.

Testing in the Sandbox is one of the best ways to make sure your integration works. Sandbox endpoints have been upgraded to accept secure connections by the SHA-256 Certificates.

Full technical details can be found in our Merchant Security System Upgrade Guide. In addition, our 2015-2016 SSL Certificate Change microsite contains a schedule of our service upgrade plan.

Thanks for your patience as we continue to improve our services.

------

My lord what a mess....

Edited by Billy (see edit history)

Maybe this whole deal is really related to the ---> Instant Payment Notification (IPN) .

1) My website was upgraded all the way from very old versions. 1.3.1 to 1.4.5 to 1.6.1.1

2) Where would I find the IPN? Is that in paypal somewhere? Maybe its in the paypal module?