Paypal 3.8.2 checkout issue - puzzling

Statuesque

Hey all, sorry for such a long post.

I am using prestashop 1.6 and paypal 3.8.2

I have 2 options for people to buy my items. They can pay in full immediately or they can opt for a payment plan.

Buying full price has no issues at all. You choose the item, you get taken to paypal and you are returned to the store again.

My issue is when someone chooses to pay monthly. I have a module to cater for this and this module basically creates an item each month to match the value of the payment required for that month. The customer gets an email and a link to the item. They add the item to their basket and pay for it.

This is where the issue starts. They get taken to paypal and they can make the payment. Money is taken from them correctly but when being sent back to the store there's the error 

File not found: config/config.inc.php on a white screen that the customer can see. The order however shows up in the back office still so I guess you could say it worked fine except for the error message. As the customer is not returned back to the store, the order they have done does not link to the partial payment order itself, i need to adjust manually and set the order status to 'payment accepted' as this is not done automatically due to them not being sent back to the store I presume.

In debug mode, the full error is :

Notice: Undefined index: PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPPINGAMT in /home/statuesq/public_html/modules/paypal/paypal_orders.php on line 70

line 70 is : 'shipping' => (float)$ppec->result['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPPINGAMT'],

As I mentioned, this error only ever happens when buying a partial payment item. The partial payment system still uses the usual checkout process of the store. I test using the same test customer account so all details of the customer are the same. If i buy an item in full with shipping or without shipping I get no problems. 

I am absolutely stumped as to why a normal pay in full order is fine and yet buying the item created by the PP system causes the error.

Really looking for some thoughts on the cause please. What can possibly interfere with the paypal sending the customer back to the store process when the only difference is that they are buying an item in full that was not manually created?

Hope you can help.

No idea, but is this a module you have created so need help to solve or a module you have purchased in which case perhaps you could speak with the developers?