Tax Issues

Hey All,

I have a store setup that is supposed to tax just Texas with a sales tax.

I Payments->Sales Tax set to 8.25% For Zone (us) and state (texas). Only one's checked.

On this page I also have 'Tax enabled' checked.

I then have Shipping->State->Texas set for 'State Tax Only'.

I then go and register a fake account with an address in texas and try to 'checkout' no sales tax is ever added, what am I missing?

Check the database you will need to insert into the product the tax for the products state it would be the tax ID for texas in this case. so every product that is taxable would need to have this tax ID added to it to allow tax for the product in the state and zone. the back office only allows one tax per product except the eco tax but this doesnt apply for united states sales tax. Just a hunch
Cheers
Rylersbud

Well it does add the tax now it adds it for everyone not just texas

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, we meet again Rylersbud! =) - I've meant to email you back about the previous files you sent me, I got seriously side-tracked with my full time job so I have to check them out tonight. Thank you VERY much for taking the time to send them to me and write back...

I am now unfortunately having another far bigger issue here... I'm experiencing the same exact issue as the guy in the post above. And I dont quite understand your explanation/solution... If you look at what I pasted below from the Prestashop Wiki on State tax... you will note that it tells you to set every product to "No tax", and I'm assuming that Prestashop would interpret if I'm buying within Massachusetts and apply my 6.25% state tax that I added, even if the product has been set to No Tax....but it doesn't work obviously.

When you say to go into my database and add the tax ID for my new custom state tax to every product, that seems like Prestashop isnt working the way that it is supposed to, is that correct? Because I shouldnt have to do No Tax AND "MA Tax" for each product right? I thought that Prestashop would automagically set the state tax to the product if I had my user account in Massachusetts and I checked off Massachusetts in my tax settings...

Please let me know what I'm missing, or if I really do have to go through the trouble of assigning "Ma Tax" instead of "No Tax" to all 20,000 of my products.. Thanks again! =) - Dave

EDIT::: PS- Just an FYI... I've tested this with the Prestashop.com Demo server (v.1.3.1 beta) and the US State tax functions seem to be working fine... This seems to be a v1.2.5.0 problem. X_x - Please help us fix this final "stable" version! =)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Back Office >> Shipping >> Zones, you create a Zone, “USA”.
In Back Office >> Shipping >> Countries, you create a country, “USA”, assign it to the “USA” Zone, and for the field Contains states you indicate Yes.
In Back Office >> Shipping >> States, you create the US states and you assign them to the country “USA”. For each, in the Tax behavior field, you indicate Product tax — except Pennsylvania, California, and Texas, for which you indicate State tax.
In Back Office >> Payment >> Taxes, you create one tax rate, 5%, for which you mark only the Pennsylvania, California, and Texas checkboxes.
For each product in your catalog, select “No tax” in the Tax drop-down list.