Change Back Office Orders screen to show full name & email

subaru4wd

The main order screen in the back office sure has a lot of information displayed for each order, except alot of the information is useless.

I need to see the customers complete name.    J. Lopez could be Juan, or Jose..  Do you have any idea how many Lopez order from me???     Also customers send me emails and refer to their invoice# but that is not displayed anywhere.  I do get to see a ID# that is pointless, and there is a field for "company" which is blank for 99.999% of my customers.  

Can anybody help me customize the orders screen so I can get some more details?   I would love to search for an order by email address.  Or customers first & last name...

Also, the same thing goes for the Merchandise Returns screen.   Not even a name in that screen?!?!  I have to go through each return one by one to find the person i am helping :(

• 2 months later...

Hi, I find it strange that it doesn't show the first name. However, if a customer gives me their name or email address I find them by going into the "customers" page and searching from there.

One of the biggest bugbears of mine is the fact that in the bo I can't search for my customers by their company name. It seems the most ridiculous oversight and is a feature I've seen asked for countless times but has never been added (AFAIK).

It makes me wonder how many people actually use PS to take phone orders and of those how many deal B2B. The first thing a business customer says when phoning up to place an order is something like "Hi, it's XXX from Wherever Ltd. I'd like to order...". At this point I have to go scrabbling around trying to find an existing order number by searching in Outlook for a previous order confirmation.

Yeah when I am working with a customer via email, and they don't provide me with an order # then that would be the method I would use.   I would goto the customer screen and search for them by email, then look at the last order they placed.    

I figured out how to modify the code so the BO order screen does show the complete first & last name.   But I have been unable to find a way to list their email address with the order, and the invoice # would be nice to see as well.