Incorrect shipping showing in cart.

I'm getting incorrect shipping charges showing in the cart.

If the customer choses one item, everything is fine. If the customer chooses multiples of that one item, everything is still fine.

However, when the customer chooses two or more different items, the shipping weights are not added properly.

For example, the customer chooses 3 different brands and each has a shipping weight of 0.8109 LBS, the shipping charge that shows will only be for a total weight of 0.8109 LBS and not the correct charge for a shipping weight of 2.4327 LBS.

So, multiples of one item work but several different items does not IF the different items have the same shipping weight.

Is there something wrong with how I have my shipping set up? I'm using USPS and UPS shipping modules and all shipping options are available to the customer for all products.

CORRECTION: Sometimes the shopping cart shows incorrect shipping no matter what! If the customer first selects a light weight item, the shipping rate for that weight will stay as the shipping rate in the cart even if the customer chooses severl other products of varying weights until far enough along in the checkout process that they have chosen a shipping carrier... THEN the rate corrects to show the correct rate.

So, the customer might see a rate of $3.37 (USPS) as they choose any number of products that should cause the rate to increase. Only after they choose a shipping carrier will the rate change to the correct rate.

The most obvious common thing is that each item has a shipping weight of under 1lb. Here are two pictures illustrating what I'm talking about.

This is a single item with a shipping weight of 0.40000 lbs

post-996704-0-93800800-1441291475_thumb.jpg

Here is the cart with several items with weights all under 1 lb but total weight well over 1 lb

post-996704-0-55916300-1441291543_thumb.jpg

I hope this helps.