Sign-up error on LAMP VM for testing purposes

Hello,

First of all, relevant information about myself: I am a newbie with Prestashop, but I am a self-taught PHP programmer. I'm not willing to edit the sourcecode for now, though.

I have installed and configured Prestashop 1.6.1 in a LAMP virtual machine (Ubuntu 14.04 Server) for testing (to be more precise, to play around and see how it works by myself). The web application itself is working, I can access both the frontoffice and the backoffice.

My problem is that, when I try to sign up as a new client from the frontoffice, none mail address is accepted as valid by the form, before even pressing the "Sign up" submit button. (in the backend's configuration, I've disabled mail sending selecting "Never send mail", because I'm too confused about how to configure Postfix in virtual machine for testing, so I thought disabling mail sending for now would be a good way to go for the first tests).

In the backoffice, if I go to Advanced parameters/Information, in the "Configuration Checking" section, Required parameters = OK, and Optional parameters = OK, and no file changes detected, so the two external modules I installed doesn't seem to be interfering.

Can anyone give me a pointer about what could be failing in my installation/configuration?

Maybe the menu names I gave don't match the actual menu names. That's because I configured the Prestashop's language in Spanish and I just translated the menus "on the fly" while posting this. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks in advance for reading this.