More Attributes issues...

Hi Everyone,

I was having problems with attributes, and have just come back to it ( have a client demo this afternoon )

1) Still cannot get the ordering right! No matter what I do to this line:
"Have a look at the function getAttributesGroups in classes/Product.php. It looks like attribute groups are sorted by product attribute ID. You could try changing this to agl.`public_name` to sort by name."
as discussed here:
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/32010/configuring___using_prestashop/the_sortorder_of_attribute_groups

It just does not work for me - at all ! Is there any documentation on this ( ie pa, agl, gl - what do these mean ? )

I need the attribute groups to be in a particular order & I need the attributes within a group to be in order
( quite happy to manipulate the entries if required ! )

At the moment the 4 attribute groups are color, letter options, size, animal logo - and this is the order they appear in !

Is it possible that the change described is only for the admin area of presta ?

2) I have four attribute types for my product. It makes a total combination of 3888. But when I create them, the product will not appear ! If I remove one of the attributes ( that has 9, so reduced to 8 ), it makes a total of 3456, then the product re-appears. Is this a bug ?

Hope someone can help - spent so much time on this - just about ready to start looking at other solutions !!!
cheers Dave