Sorting by price (work around)

I thought I'd share this work around for those who may encounter a similar issue like what I fought with. When I attempted to sort by the product's price I noticed that prestashop did not properly sort by the sale price. I dug into it and discovered that there seemed to be 2 issues that prevented proper sorting. 1st. prestashop seems to calculate the pricing by Retail price with tax (non-sale price), not the sale price which is visible to customers. 2nd. if you use % discounts for some products and $ discounts for others prestashop will likely not sort the products properly. So to work around this, I made sure that the Retail prices of my products with tax fell in order to where it would be properly displayed in category view and I used % discounts only. Hopefully prestashop will address this in a later release to where the sorting by price is done by the price the customer sees and not hidden variables that they do not.

try upgrading to 1.2.5 and see if it works.

I'm personally running that version - doesn't help. Although, I just noticed in v1.3.0.1 release notes, it says: "fixed bug sorting products in catalog" I'm wondering if that is a fix for this issue. I'll try upgrading my cart and report back.