shipping carriers deleted, shipping functionality caput. urgent.

Yesterday I deleted my Shipping Carriers in a misguided effort to clean the page up and zero in on a bug we had which had customers acquiring Free Shipping without any sale, or any trail of acquisition. We were losing money on shipping, which pushed me over the precipice toward messing with the settings.

After I royally screwed up I tried following longwinded tutorials and then calling inmotion for help, they recommended I just reset my Prestashop database. I tried that. But they needed a backup I didn't have (live and learn and then get Luvs).

I'm using Prestashop 15...didn't upgrade yet because that's a project for after I fix the issues present.

Starting from scratch, how would one manually add shipping carriers? Second, how do I check that the Customers have the ability to enter their shipping address and to have their products' shipping calculated for them? Right now they receive an error telling them that where they live is not a valid location for shipping.

If that is a bag of worms that no one wants to open and eat, would a module like this: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/shipping-logistics-delivery-prestashop-modules/19772-localized-shipping.html solve our problems completely? Or a FedEx Module (100$, ugh)?

THANK YOU SO MUCH, please help me.