Can't get rid of error while copying images..

Hi Guys, 

I'm a prestashop noob and a webdeveloper

I've been having this problem with a clean install 1.6, I can upload images for one specific product but cant import them via a .csv file, been working on this for last couple of days, checked everything chmod, htaccess, url is correct, full path, relative path, cranked up my php.ini, I tried to isolate the problem and by import just one item with one image or different images but still not working..

always the same error: Error while copying image 

I dont understand what i'm doing wrong and I've got about 3000 products and even more images so i need to find a way

Some help would be much appreciated! :D :D

EDIT UPDATE:

Okay this is getting really weird, I got it to work with some specific settings: iso=88951 coded to "yes" and skip generate thumbs to "yes", 1 row csv file with full path to image. but now I cant reproduce it anymore!! (#$%^#$%^?) :huh:  Am i losing my mind or something?

Im using the exact same settings as before, and this is were it gets even weirder, I changed the iso=88591 setting to 'no'  on the import csv page and it worked again.. so i tried to reproduce that with those specific settings.. and guess what didnt work anymore..

I'm getting really frustrated here.. I would love to be wrong on this one but is this a prestashop bug? or do I need some time away from my pc :blink:

Edited by boristheblade (see edit history)

• do not delete any field from your csv which you dont need and try to match all fields from csv file with database fields while importing.
  • select delete existing products and skip thumbnails generation options
  • if anything not working try to make a fresh copy of csv and then upload.

All above worked for me. Try all above. do not make unnecessarily settings as  iso=88951 coded to "yes" not needed

hope this will work.

Thanks for your help, tried everything you said but i'm still having the same issue, are there any required fields for products I might have missed? I also tried importing with only 3 fields, ID, name and Image URL, still same issue

How is it possible that it worked, but impossible to reproduce this in the exact same way? Does anybody as any idea? Maybe presta cache problem?

What are the maximum image sizes of your products? And yes those which are * marked are required fields. And did u matched those 3 fields name,id, and url exactly with that of database values while importing? 3rd possibility is u check whether any products having same name...it may produce error

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Please help me with the image issue which we are facing when uploading our products via csv in Prestashop as in the Image url we are giving a link which is not of our domain but a link of an external website but that image is not getting displayed in the frontend when we are opening the same product page by directly accessing our website.Please help us in resolving this issue.We are using Prestashop 1.6.0.14.

Waiting for some reply on the same.

Regards,

Admin 1stbuy