Change the order of fields on the Quick Order page...

I want to display the City field before the Zip / Postcode field on the Quick Order page.

I have changed the order of the postcode and city fields in order-ppc-new-account.tpl (see attachment) but on the actual page they remain in the default order: city then postcode.

I deleted the cache but it made no difference on reload.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

TIA.

post-877408-0-76305200-1438265048_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

Thanks! That's fixed it for new customers but I see my existing address is still in following order:

Name

My Road 

Post Code City

Country

Note Post Code and City appear on one line.

If I edit or add an address, post code still shows above City in the form.

I haven't emptied cache as it's set to compile when files change.

Any idea what else needs to be edited?

Thanks! That's fixed it for new customers but I see my existing address is still in following order:

Name

My Road 

Post Code City

Country

Note Post Code and City appear on one line.

If I edit or add an address, post code still shows above City in the form.

I haven't emptied cache as it's set to compile when files change.

Any idea what else needs to be edited?

just go to localization - countries - Your Country - and there in the address format change the order (this changes the order for invoices as well)

I have the problem for new customers, but editing authentication.tpl and address.tpl doesnt seem to help, as prestashop seems to take the order of fields for inserting from the address format for that country.. any ideas how to override this feature so that i can manually set in the code the order of fields?

Hmmmm...That's fixes issue for only edited country. There are 263 and we get orders from most of them! Isn't there an easier fix? I would think it's pretty common to show post code after city but Prestashop thinks otherwise. Looks bad.

As for new customers, I'm not seeing that problem anymore since editing the authentication.tpl and address.tpl files. I checked a few countries at random and City now shows above post zip/code, except if State is enabled in Translations > Countries. Then post zip/code shows after the state.