Product Reference Code Field Length

Just tried to enter a new product and the reference code is 33 characters long. received an error response saying the max field length is only 32 characters - Arrgg :)

Because of our new product coding system we wil be having longer codes. So, the questions

if I go to table PS_product I can see the refernce field is set as

varchar(32)

Can I just change the 32 to be larger?

Could there be any implications in the rest of the database? Store front / backoffice?

Most importantly, what would happen if a future prestashop upgrade "reset" that field length to 32?

Hi Paul

yes, that allows you to enter more characters without getting the error message - BUT still only 32 characters are stored in the table

So the question remains

if I go to table PS_product I can see the refernce field is set as

varchar(32)

Can I just change the 32 to be larger?

Could there be any implications in the rest of the database? Store front / backoffice?

Most importantly, what would happen if a future prestashop upgrade "reset" that field length to 32?

Hi,

I did the same for UPC Length. Edit length of this field in Data Base, somewhere in controller of this field and in validation file, Make back ups! Something like this https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/441759-changing-the-length-of-the-upc-field-in-products/

After upgrade of the Prestashop you will lose your changes. 

Regards,

Kirill

Edited by 123Kirill312 (see edit history)