Questions about PayPal Europe module

ToolMayNARD

Hello to all,

I have some questions about the PayPal module for Europe. Mi PS version is 1.6.0.11 and I just upgraded PayPal module to latest versione (3.10.1).

It's not clear to me what are the differences between Choose Website Payments Standard and Choose Express Checkout. I tried both and to me they behave exactly in the same way... can someone enlighten me, please?

Second: Express checkout behaviour (in Sandbox mode) is strange. If I try an Express checkout as a guest (unlogged user) I can complete the transaction if and only if the given address is one of the known address by Prestashop, for instance an address of an existing user. If I give the standard address of the test user (info-buyer@...), return from PayPal payment platform give an error (namely address1 column doesn't exists in a table).

Error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PrestaShopException' with message 'Property Address->address1 is not valid' in /data/www/path.to.my.website/html/classes/ObjectModel.php:866 Stack trace: #0 /data/www/path.to.my.website/html/classes/ObjectModel.php(272): ObjectModelCore->validateFields() #1 /data/www/path.to.my.website/html/classes/ObjectModel.php(480): ObjectModelCore->getFields() #2 /data/www/path.to.my.website/html/classes/Address.php(170): ObjectModelCore->add(true, false) #3 /data/www/path.to.my.website/html/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php(212): AddressCore->add() #4 {main} thrown in /data/www/path.to.my.website/html/classes/ObjectModel.php on line 866 

I tried to search for similar errors, I saw that there are plenty of bug reports, but non equal to my problem.

Any hint?

Thanks

Mauro

Edited by ToolMayNARD (see edit history)