Horizontal menu not working on mobile devices

After the prestashop upgrade of the horizontal menu for bootstrap template it does not work on mobile devices. Can someone help with this and does someone face the same problem Prestashop 1.6.0.14

Here hoping

Claudia

It worked whole time - your browser cache held not working one :)

Btw if you disable cache your shop is going to work slowly. Try to turn on caching and just clear cache in advanced parameters -> performance (right top corner).

• 1 month later...

I just started using Prestashop 1.6.1.1 and everthing seems to work well. I am using a customized Default-template. The only Problem i have found is the top menu on several Smartphones don't work.

When you touch on the menu-bar it shows reaction, but no menu will open. On desktop the horizontal-menü-module is configured and it works. Cache is disabled and cleaned, but I can't find a solution to make it working on Smartphones.

You can try this on your Smartphone here:  ( https://www.monis-hundelaedele.at/_mhlshop/ )

Prestshop%20Mobile3.jpg

Thanks for your support

Tom

Edited by Monis Hundelädele (see edit history)

Rewert changes to menu styles, also make sure, that you didn't change structure of menu - presta uses js, wchich needs default structure and classes. I checked on one of my shops and it works correctly. Assuming - you made changes with classes/styles/divs and js file cannot recognize it.

Thanks Szkrin for your Reply,

I have used the Thememaker to customize my shop which shpuld be based on Default-Theme.

I can´t figure out if this feature work with the default theme without installing a second Prestashop without customizing.

Maybe the failure is in the Thememaker-Template? Everything works good in Desktopversion only Mobiletopmenu sucks.

Any idea how i should proceed to find the error?

YS Tom

I looked into this a bit but I couldn't find anything special. For sure your js (themes/yourtheme/js/blocktopmenu) isn't adding proper classes and changing styles after click. It's quite hard to tell why is it happening without access to files. You can try to console.log in blocktopmenu.js file, maybe you will find something. 

Also you can try to switch back to default bootstrap theme and check if is it working there.

• 3 weeks later...

I just started using Prestashop 1.6.1.1 and everthing seems to work well. I am using a customized Default-template. The only Problem i have found is the top menu on several Smartphones don't work.

When you touch on the menu-bar it shows reaction, but no menu will open. On desktop the horizontal-menü-module is configured and it works. Cache is disabled and cleaned, but I can't find a solution to make it working on Smartphones.

You can try this on your Smartphone here:  ( https://www.monis-hundelaedele.at/_mhlshop/ )

Prestshop%20Mobile3.jpg

Thanks for your support

Tom

Thanks for your Support and the time you spent. Ill try to install a test-shop with default-theme and try it there. In this case, it looks as if something has gone wrong with the Theme-Maker.

YS Tom

Hi!

I tested your eshop and I think the problem is caused by third party module you are using - right in the bottom: "Partnerlinks".

Please try to uninstall it and try if the menu works.

Let me know :)

Andrej

Heureka !!! Thanks Andrej !!!! You´re the best. Thats it !!!!. I habe disabled the module "HTMLbox v1.5.6 - of MyPresta.eu" for mobiles and the menu works. The module seems to be incompatible with the main menu of the mobile template. Does anyone know another solution (module) to display a custom HTML-Box at the end of the Shop-Site?