How to upload product features into site

Hello... I have already uploaded around 16,000 products into my site but now I need to add additional information against these products.  I have already gone in and created the necessary features (Products --> Product Features) but now I need to import this information to my products.  I obviously can't sit and update manually 16,000 products and keep any new products updated as well.  Is there a way to import this information using a csv file?  Or how can I get this information into my site for my products.  

Any information will help.. thank you!

post-1060380-0-64951100-1437657890_thumb.jpg

post-1060380-0-71564100-1437657910_thumb.jpg

post-1060380-0-37031000-1437657916_thumb.jpg

hello janderson10

Have you had any progress on this case? I am very well familiar with the CSV uploads and features column, but still I am looking for a more convenient approach, we have 2000+ products and each product has got 40+ features, which are not always same features, so it's quite a task adding/maintaining them.

Please share if you found a solution.

No I haven't gotten anything working as of yet.  We currently have over 16,000 products and about 25 different feature columns that I need to upload.  I obviously cannot do this manually... Not sure what I am going to do as of yet.

• 2 weeks later...
My only problem with the trial is it is just a trial.. I will need to continuously update my inventory and their attributes.  I need something that is more permanent that I can continue to do 

Hello! 

There is a full version of Store Manager for PrestaShop, you can permanently use for product inventory, feature, attribute updates. You can also choose between Standard and PRO Editions, depending on the volume of products you need to import. See comparison table for more details - https://www.prestashopmanager.com/order/

There's also a module called store commander I would recommend. If you need to make regular updates in bulk buying one of these modules will pay for itself in time saved very quickly. Both can be used in trial mode so you can get a feel for which you prefer. In my experience store commander works better but store manager has better support

Clint

• 4 weeks later...

There's also a module called store commander I would recommend. If you need to make regular updates in bulk buying one of these modules will pay for itself in time saved very quickly. Both can be used in trial mode so you can get a feel for which you prefer. In my experience store commander works better but store manager has better support

Clint

Clint.. I have been trying to find a version of the Store Commander to try and cant find this anywhere and how to test it out.   I have also tried the Store manager and I still dont see any place on how to upload the product features via an CSV file or anything.  I can do the products themselves, but not any additional features I want to add.

I have also tried the Store manager and I still dont see any place on how to upload the product features via an CSV file or anything.  I can do the products themselves, but not any additional features I want to add.

Product features can be uploaded via product import wizard with Store Manager.You may add features to existing products or import new products with features. Here is the tutorial https://www.prestashopmanager.com/useful-articles/tips-tricks/prestashop-features-import/, where you can find sample file and fields described. Import wizard can be launched from Tools->Umport/Export->Import/Export Product. Features should be firstly created in Store ->Features, you can import feature values, having them indicated in corresponding file column.

If you need to assign multiple feature values to one product you can use this tutorial https://www.prestashopmanager.com/useful-articles/tips-tricks/prestashop-features-without-limits-assign-numerous-feature-values-to-products/ but you need also Multiple Feature Module installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just a quick update, store commander have changed the way the free version works. It used to be limited version free but now it is full version limited to 30 days.

Both these modules are capable of doing what you require do not let store manager staff sway you by hijacking the thread, which by the way I do not appreciate. I was trying to offer impartial advice but store manager staff must have seen it!!

The main difference between the 2 is store manager is licensed per machine so you have to work on the same machine, store commander runs on the site so you can use the software from any computer and any operating system, even have multiple people using it at one time!!

Anyway, they'll both let you try for 30 days to get the big upload done, after that the choice is yours whether or not you buy!

Clint

Hi, Clint 

We highly appreciate that you have offered Store Manager in this thread, but we did not mean to hijack the post. We just wanted to help store owner with feature import and explain how it is done with the application. We saw this  "and I still dont see any place on how to upload the product features via an CSV file" and decided to provide detailed tutorials on feature import  

Edited by Iryna (see edit history)