USPS Shipping Module Split One Item Per Package Glitch

Heres what happens when I select "Split one item per package".

If I have one item that costs $4.99 to ship, then I add another, the price goes up. Good. Both items ship first class.

Now start over with empty cart.

I add one item that costs $14.99 to ship, via priority.  Then I bump it up to two quanitity, shipping doubles, great.

Now for the glitch, I add another item, one of the first class shipping items, and the shipping price drops to what it costs to ship that one first class item.  

If I have an empty cart, add a first class item that costs $4.99 to ship, then add a priority mail item that should cost $14.99 to ship, nothing happens to the shipping price.

So whenever I have cart with items that ship priority, and items that ship first class, the priority cost is not being added to the final shipping cost.

This allows customers to get super cheap shipping on expensive items by just adding a product that is first class shipping.

See for yourself, hcmags.com/store.

The problem lies in adding the $89.00 item to the cart with any item that doesn't ship priority, which is all of them except the product that costs $40, as it also ships priority, and adding the $89.00 item and $40.00 item to the cart will update shipping correctly.  But as soon as you add a first class shipped item, shipping price for priority items drops completely from shipping price.  Someone please help!

Thanks,

David

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer. I'm glad you manage to fix your problem.
However it seems odd that the security patch fixed your problem since this patch does not interfer at all with the shipping calcul method.

To close the topic, you just have to edit the first post of your topic and add "[sOLVED]" in the subject of the topic.

If you can, close the ticket on the forge too. It will help the development team.

Best regards,

Fabien

• 5 months later...