Loyalty Points - No reward points for this product when attribute chosen

Ray UK

Hi,

The loyalty module on our shop seems to be playing up a little.

When on a product, the points that will be awarded are shown.

However, if the customer chooses an attribute then the points awarded changes to "No reward points for this product."

It seems that the module isnt working properly since the upgrade to 1.6.1.0

Also, I cannot change any options in the B.O ( I cant choose categories that the voucher can be used in etc )

Any ideas on how to resolve ?

Thanks

Ray

Im thinking this could be jquery or javascript related ?

Its just that the "Layerered Navigation" block also has a problem.

If I put a drop down box there, when you click and let go of the drop down arrow, it refreshes.

To use it, I have to click the arrow, move to the option and let go.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Oksa, no I havent found a solution yet.

No help from the Prestashop team, even though it is their module ?

Therefore I reset the module, which resulted in all points being lost :( Therefore lots of unhappy customers, and the fault still there.

How have you managed to resolve it.

Cheers

Find this file (change "default-bootstrap" with your theme)

themes/default-bootstrap/js/modules/loyalty/js/loyalty.js

Find next row in it:

updateLoyaltyView(parseInt($('#our_price_display').text()));

Delete this row and paste the next code

var new_price = $('#our_price_display').text().replace('£', '');
updateLoyaltyView(parseInt(new_price));

The problem is in wrong symbols in our price. In your case such symbol is "£", for me it was space.

Try it and please write the result :)

Hi Oksa,

both methods you suggest work :)

Am I best sticking to the 2nd method ?

So it seems during upgrade, the product.tpl code was changed, but loyalty.js wasnt updated to accomodate for it?

Many Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem here. Any product with attributes show 

No reward points for this product when attribute chosen

I tried Oksa's solution but did not work out for my case.

I am on ver. 1.6.1.1 with default-bootstrap.

Anyone resolved this issue please share.

Thanks in advance.

• 6 months later...

This problem is really getting on my nerves. I have tried all the solutions but still not been able to get the points to show on the product page. They just flash and change back to 'No reward points for this product.' after a second. I have reset and deleted the whole module, deleted just the JS folder and reset it. I know it has to do with $ symbol as when I changed the currency localization to put the dollar sign at the end, the discount displays fine. I looked for the line that Oksa mentioned but I don't have a loyalty.js file and didn't find the code anywhere. I have version 1.6.1.4 and sample product can be seen here: http://dar-us-salam.com/english-books/dawah-new-non-muslims/054-a-brief-illustrated-guide-to-understanding-islam-english.html

Zameer: I see that all your products are less than $1. You should try to make the ratio amount less than the lowest product for the module to work. Hopefully this can work in your case. When the amount was higher in my shop, the discount didn't even flash.

Hoping someone from Prestashop will finally respond with a fix for this error which has caused so much problem for so many people.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for replying, I've sorted out the issue by following the steps above,  and now the rewards point are showing when I set the proper price, but currently I'm having a sale on my website and all products are 50% off and that's why the reward point are not shewing now, but I noticed that this method has a side effect, because now the "Customer Review" Module is not working, when I click to write a review then this message is displayed "This combination does not exist for this product. Please select another combination."

Please help how to sort out this issue.

Thank you!!

Hello, Alas I finally figured out the problem!

I was skipping the js folder in themes/default-bootstrap/js/modules/loyalty/js/loyalty.js

I deleted the above file and reset the loyalty module and wola everything working normally!

Now although when customer's change combinations the points don't get updated. If someone can help me out or point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

I tried this but it did not work, also Module Loyalty program 1.2.9 on PS1.6.1 does not accept categories selection but only the default selection of root category.

Also think PRESTASHOP TEAM must fix this issues. thanks