One of sub catogries has been lost in the never never zone...Help please

Hi there all

I am a newbie to the forum. I have had Prestashop up and running for the last 9 years. With the help of expert setting it all up for me. i have learnt the very besics....adding and deleting items....running a blog as well as a reference section.

It carries items of antiques...hence a whole lot of writing and pictures. There is no issue with those.

When i went to delete an item sold under the catagory ...Glass....the next thing that happened is that the entire glass section disappeared.

It still remains on my shop site...as long as i enter search...Glass....then it comes up

Otherwise on Prestasop and on my site it does not show at all.

Is this a major thing to fix or a small blimp?

Here is a link to my site........to see Glass...enter search in the box above.

The other thing i donot like what he had done was the way my pics are shown with a small white stripe at both top and bottom. It was said that this was a Pestashop thing.....hmmm idoubt it!

So after paying all the monies asked for i get an answer like that. Should i have know this i would have asked for anything else other that Presta shop. So looking at other sites that are on Prestashop i donot see the same problem i seem to have.

I would be grateful for any help or guidence on fixing these two ....problems.

Many thanks for your time

Norman

http://www.antiques-international.ch/home.html

Hello Norman,

Welcome to the community!

Wow, 9 years! even though I joined the community maybe a year ago but I've never thought Presta is that old!

I have checked your website. You need to understand that it is not PrestaShop at the first glance. It is a web script merged with PrestaShop in one template something like BMW with a an Audi engine installed on it, you know what I mean? Anyway, that is not a problem and it was done professionally.

For the stripes, I mostly believe that it has to do with the coding of that version of that module. It could be also the dimensions of the pictures. In other words, when you upload the picture, Presta tries to resize it to fit the box but because it is way too rectangular, it gets the stripes up and bottom. Do you use the same exact camera for all pictures? this could be a reason.

For the category issue, it is too broad, we need more info :(

Hi Phil

Thanks for your reply and info.

Well yes i did get carried away by time...i.e. i moved to Switzerland 9 years ago and if i remember it was about 4/5 years ago that the site was set up.

So yeah as i get older and older the memory gives way a wee bit.

Am not computer savy at all so i guess what i really need is someone who will be able to fix my problems at a price !

Have a great week.

norman