Help Needed Configuring Special Discount Promotions For Second Party Referred Customers

Hi,

Currently my inventory consists of products belonging to two different base price groups. One base price value is of 599 and the other is 699. I wont get into currencies and stick to referring them as basic values which I think would keep it simple. Currently I have a seasonal discount promo configured through Price Rules > Catalog Price Rules which offers a discount of 100 on the base price through out the entire store.

Now, I am looking to configure another promotion for a second party referral customer program where in I want to setup a unique promo code which when entered would give these referred customers 20% off on the two basic base prices.

The problem is when I setup a Cart Rule for the 20% discount promotion it is considering the already discounted (base price-100) value as the base price.Can someone please guide me with some sort of a work around for this issue? The ideal solution I am looking for is where the 20% discount promo is applied on the original base price values of 599 and 699.