Move the social block

Hello everyone

I would like to move the social block from the bottom to the top (as it is showed on the picture) but unfortunately being a begginer i don't really know how to do it ... I tried with hooks, manually (changing the margin ...) but i stil can't get the result that i want ...

Thank you in advance !

here pictures to illustrate what i want to do:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/779959dl1.png

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/925917dl2.png

Hello Tim and welcome to the community.

There is something called hooks. You need to master them, even though there are no good documentations for them out there, you need to master them in a local machine. Make as many mistakes as you can and read as much as possible about them to get a firm understanding. (will not take you more than 2 hours and will save you a lot of time later!!!)

If you do not want to spent the time doing so (which will fire back at you one day!), then go to Modules -> Positions then search the name of the module, it has to be in a "footer" section. Remove it from there and go to Transplant button up in the top right of the page. It will ask you for the name of the module and the place where to hook it to. Choose the module and hook it to DisplayTop section I believe?

Last note and a very important one, if you are using a third party theme, it might've came with its own positioning module. In other words, all what I have told you above is not going to change anything and you have to edit the theme and its components through that specific positioning module that came with the theme.

Good luck.