Automating The Inputs of Tracking Numbers for Customer Orders

geti

Hi,

Brief Overview:

I have a small E-commerce shop running prestashop 1.6.0.14 & I need to automate the process of adding tracking numbers when processing orders for customers.

What needs to be done:

1. When a tracking number is scanned in the "Tracking Number" field & the length of the tracking number equals to 18 digits it should be automatically submitted without the need to press the submit button manually. The auto submit feature should only be triggered if the tracking number digits equates to 18 digits for example "997963209368815090".

2. After the tracking number is submitted the first four digits(or more specifically the first four numbers "9979") of the tracking number should be filtered out/removed. And when an email is automatically sent out to the customer detailing the tracking details, the tracking number should not contain the first four digits of the tracking number, for example the first for digits "9979" of the tracking number "997963209368815090" should be removed. So the tracking number should show as "63209368815090" on the emails & when the customer checks the tracking details in there account when they login into the site.

So for example when an email is sent out with the tracking details it should look like this.

And when the customer check the tracking details in the account it should like like this.

Basically, it should not contain the numbers 9979 in front of the tracking number.

Hopefully I have explained it adequately enough for someone to understand what needs to be done & if it's possible.

Will be waiting for replies,

Thanks,

-Geti