Skip "An account using this email address has already been registered" Prestashop 1.5.6

kaudiyo

Hello,

I´m using guest checkout on my shop.

After an order is placed Prestashop creates a customer account even if it´s a "guest".

If you try to place a new order using same email address you see this error:

"An account using this email address has already been registered"

this happens cause there is an email validation on file /controllers/front/AuthController.php (lines 391 and 546) that checks if the email you used in order form it´s already registered in database.

if you change line 391:‏

from‏

$this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('An account using this email address has already been registered.', false);‏

to‏

$this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('An account using this email address has already been registered.', true);‏

‎and line 546 from‏

$this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('An account using this email address has already been registered. Please enter a valid password or request a new one. ', false);‏

to‏

$this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('An account using this email address has already been registered. Please enter a valid password or request a new one. ', true);

then delete file /cache/class_index.php in order the changes to take effect‏.

After these changes you can place order using already registered email in database but after placing order you are logged in shop and redirected to your client´s area.

I don´t want customers to login (I removed all login links) so I want that a customer can place a new order inmediately after placing one with same email address.

Is there any way to do this?:

1) after placing order, customer is automatically logged off from shop and it´s no redirected to customer area
or
2) skip customer registration in database, only save order data

Thanks for reading!.

• 2 years later...

same situation here in PrestaShop 1.7 :-) it is so weird that such a stupid bug is not fixed.

the only quick solution is to change the customer e-mail address by the administrator and transform it to customer account and set new password or ask customer to reset it because you can not transform the guest account with the same e-mail to the customer account because it already exists :-) it supposed to be some option to link two (guest and customer with the same e-mail) accounts to make them as one customer account for such situation

Edited by bloobleq (see edit history)

• 3 years later...