Chrome browser cart and the back button.

While trying to debug a problem one of our customers had with the shopping cart is appears that there is a problem which only seems to affect the Chrome browser.

If you go to the shopping cart and and change the quantity of an order line it changes as expected.

If you then click onto another page (say for example delivery details) and use the back button to go back... Then the cart reverts back to the previous values, worse still if you press the buy now button it will submit the cart without the updates you did.

The strange thing is that if you do the same, change the values, go to another page and use the back button then press refresh it will then show the correct info and work ok.

I've tried everything I can think of. Turning off Ajax, adding no-cache and no-store tags and nothing seems to work. I guess the problem is that it seem to use input tags to store the values and I guess calculate the cart in page but Chrome must be caching the page load values and not the values when you click on a link to the next page. 

So the cart is updating correctly in the database it's just the checkout page can get the values wrong if you edit them, go to another page and then press the back button. 

This is on version 1.6.0.8 and would appreciate if anyone can see if they can replicate it or work out if it's been fixed on a later version or work out if it's one of the modules/theme installed that could be causing the problem.