Missing Follow functionality after topic marked as Answered

parsifal

Question

Please don't do this, as it still makes sense to have the Follow button visible after a topic has been marked as Answered.

For example, in this topic:
https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/449469-ps-16-problem-serve-resources-from-a-consistent-url-for-all-product-images/
the topic starter has mistakenly marked their own question as "Best Answer" and now I can't seem to Follow the topic for possible answers.

Also, marking a topic as Answered doesn't prohibit other members to possibly chime in with extra advice and details. Why shouldn't we have the ability to get notified of these kinds of posts?

Thank you!

EDIT: It doesn't seem to be intentional, after all. Even the topic title doesn't appear. Please see more details in the following posts...

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)

10 answers to this question

Hello again Parsifal

Yes the follow link was visible to me, as for being a moderator making the link visible, then I don't know.

As you can see, the forum has had a colour change recently, maybe other changes were made as well.

It does seem odd though if Prestashop has disallowed members to follow a topic just because it has been marked "Solved"

Paul

Well, that's strange.

There seems to be a problem with the following HTML element:

<div class="topicHeader clearfix col-md-12">

It is present in the HTML output, but in any topic marked as Answered, I cannot see its content:

post-420007-0-33429800-1435491995_thumb.png

In all the other topics NOT marked as Answered, I can see it normally:

post-420007-0-91778500-1435492016_thumb.png

Same with Google Chrome (which is in stock condition, with no addons/extensions installed whatsoever). :-/

Does anyone else have this problem? The problematic element not only contains the Follow button, but the topic title as well. You can see it in the screenshots I posted above.

I also tested with Internet Explorer, without logging in. Missing topic title again...

Hello again!

Is there anyone else facing this problem? I still face it and I have tried many times under completely different combinations (multiple PCs/laptops, multiple ADSL lines, multiple browsers, as a guest/visitor of the forum, logged-in in the forum etc.).

I'm starting to think that it could be either geolocation-related (I should try to ask some fellow Greek users about this, I guess) or it has to do with the fact that my account was mistakenly banned a couple of months ago and all my posts were soft-deleted (could the problem be a residual effect from this unfortunate incident?).

It's a somewhat frustrating bug, plus it stops me from adding a subscription to some interesting topics where a post has been chosen as "Best Answer".

Thanks in advance!