Email configuration - sync ? Not sure how to name it.

Hey guys,

I've tried to find my answer on prestashop forum first with no luck.

So I will try to explain what I would like to have working on my prestashops.

A lot of websites that I use are still on prestashop 1.4

I'm using gmail private email to reply to all customers. That's sometimes not so comfortable and I would love to use my " customer service " in backoffice instead.

So my question is :

let's say my gmail is : [email protected] and I use that for everything - store contact, contacts.

When I tag customer's order as " shipped ". He receives message that his order is being shipped and he sees it's from email [email protected] - a lot of people just hit reply button if he wants to ask something. What I want to achieve is that I would receive that email directly in my prestashop backoffice in " customer service ". Basically, anyone who send email to [email protected] - his message will be transported into the backoffice where I can reply him. So I don't need to use gmail at all. I guess same goes with " order comment messages ".

I've read something about IMAP, POP3 or so but couldn't really find some explaination about how to do it.

If there is anyone who understand my dummy explaination and knows something about it. Please help.