How to delete imaginary paths and pictures?

Hello there !

I am new in prestashop and I already found some "huge" problems because our old host was s***.. (Sorry about the "bad" word)..

So here is the story. The hired me to create a new prestashop on a new host ! They are running 1.4 and they want me to create the 1.6 version.

Everything was pretty simple until the export part from the old site..

I bought a module to do it for me but nope ! The old host has only 16mb of memory, I wasn't able to upgrade it or to add more, and we have more than 9k products..

I guess you can imagine the struggle.. Then I found Prestashop Manager! My boss agreed to buy it, because it is a really useful tool, and I finally manage to export the products ! The import on the new site was pretty simple and fast! Yoohoo! I was excited ! All the products are now on the new site too , but only the products , not the pictures..

I said "This will be simple. I will edit the pictures' path in csv file." So I did it..

I download the img/p folder from the old ftp server and then I upload it on the new one. I edit the csv file and I re-import the products with the full path of images. The 1.6 version deny it because the image storing system is completely different from the 1.4 . The Prestashop Manager has an option to upload pictures while uploading products. So I edit the csv file again and I set a local path for images.

Prestashop Manager did the work!

What's the problem now?! I have a default image of a question mark on every product.. I found the path of the image this path doesn't exist in my ftp server. That's why I said imaginary. :PHow can I delete this image from default or "delete" the imaginary paths from the site? I tried few things like deleting everything and re-uploading but this picture is still there.. I could do it from BackOffice one by one.. Opening the product delete the question mark image and then the same thing over and over but we have more than 9k products and it will take ages ! 

I am sorry for the long post. Thank you in advance ! 

Edited by razaro (see edit history)

The image you are referring to, is not an imaginary image, it's a placeholder for a missing image. So what it tells you is that prestashop is loading an image from a url which does not exist.

What I would advise you to do, is not to try to fix the question mark image, but to solve the problem of the 1.4 version image urls. Try copying the images to the old url and exporting/importing products without touching the old product images paths. Then, go to preferences -> images, and look for "Move images" to move your images to new format. I'm not sure if this feature exists in 1.6 though, so give it a try.

What's the problem now?! I have a default image of a question mark on every product.. I found the path of the image this path doesn't exist in my ftp server. That's why I said imaginary.  :P How can I delete this image from default or "delete" the imaginary paths from the site? I tried few things like deleting everythingand re-uploading but this picture is still there.. I could do it from BackOffice one by one.. Opening the product delete the question mark image and then the same thing over and over but we have more than 9k products and it will take ages ! 

Hello!

Try to do the following: 

At 1.4 switch to new image system, go to Preferences>Image and click the "Move image" button. Depending on how many images you have, it may take a while to move them into sub directories 

post-783503-0-10962300-1435154444_thumb.png

Once it has been done, change the "Use the legacy image filesystem" option at the bottom of the page to "No" to use the new image system

post-783503-0-95197600-1435154770_thumb.png

After this export products with images via Store Manager, enabling "Export image filename with full URL path" option and import products to the new store. 

If it does not help, contact Store Manager support team, send us both stores configuration (save in Preferences->Database Connection->Actions->Save current configuration) and the file, you have exported via e-mail [email protected]

We would be glad to help you

Edited by Iryna (see edit history)

Thank you for your feedback! Sadly the deadline is close and I had to found another way to delete these pictures..

How I did it? I found store commander. There you can select and and delete mass pictures. Took me ~20 - 25 minutes to delete them all! Anyway! 

Thanks again for your feedback! I hope this post will help someone else!

Edit: I have another issue with my search bar. I can't search for products. I have to save them from backoffice one by one. Should I continue this post or search a bit about this and if I can't find anything, create a new one? I am sorry for asking straight about my problem but I really don't have time to do anything ! Thanks again!

Edited by nackito (see edit history)

Thank you for your feedback! Sadly the deadline is close and I had to found another way to delete these pictures..

Sorry to hear that. If in the future you have some urgent cases with Store Manager, there is a live chat, you can contact us and we do our best to help you.