Search module is only showing partial results in 1.6.0.14

Yetti

The search module only shows few of the potential matches. For example, I have most of my products called  "product 123". Searching for "product" will yield 3 results but there are thousands of (enabled) items with that name in my eshop. It will pretty much return zero results on any other search other than the one which is associated with almost every item.

1. I have rebuilt the index several times by now and the database seems fine to me (= search table it's filled with a lot of data data, the keyword "product" is there and is associated with many items). Prestashop claims there are almost 3000 of indexed items in the backend.
  2. Happens on both localhost Windows machine (xampp) and Debian VPN so it shouldn't be related to my vpn setup
  3. There is no aliases defined in the search tab in the backoffice if that matters
  4. I tried fiddling with the settings (enabling/disabling AJAX, instant search etc.) without any result

I am using Prestashop 1.6.0.14, Quick search block v1.5.3 and only one language - the Czech translation (both backend and frontend) - if it is relevant.

I am kind of clueless. Do you have any idea why would this happen? What am I missing?

Edited by Yetti (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, 

I have exactly the same problem on version 1.6.1.

I have 3 store in the same installation (multistore), and every store give an other search result.

The search results are truncate while the indexed products are the same.

I update the search module, but without any result.

Regards

slett