Product changes not saving on existing products in product catalog

When updating products in my database via Prestashop, I began to experience issues yesterday with the products not updating with the changes that I had made. When I clicked on "Save and Stay", it would just take me back to my product catalog. There have been no modules added since this started to occur. I have disabled all of the existing modules so that they could be ruled out. Prior to this issue showing up,  had no previous ocurrences of this happening. I have googled this issue and there have been many suggestions indicating that this maybe module related, however after disabling all of the modules, I tried updating a product again and it would not update and it still took me back to the product catalog and my updates would not take.

In some further testing, I have created a new product, saved it, edited it and have NOT experienced the same issue as I experience with products that were already in my catalog prior to this issue showing up. I even tried deleting the new product and it worked as well. Does anyone have any ideas of what might be going on? I contacted my webhosting provide and had them reboot several sever functions on my VPS, I also cleared my server cache as well as the SMARTY cache in Prestashop. They even tried there own testing using another existing product that I hadnt touched and they experienced the same results.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this to occur? I am currently running PrestaShop version 1.6.0.14.

**UPDATE** So come to find out I am able to edit at least some of the products in my product catalog.  Some will update without any issue and then there are others that won't budge!  This issue gets more bizarre each passing day. Anyone have any thoughts?

Edited by nwcnwc28 (see edit history)