After restarting Apache2 server prestashop site not displaying home page

Hi, I know this problem has been solved for so many. but in my case its not. i have tried everything until now.. nothing worked for me.. when i  go to  this address  http://ec2-52-74-146-216.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com

it displays a default apache2 server page saying your server works but u need to replace the file located in  /var/www/html to access your website.. i tried all the solution which were listed solved on the net but. none of those worked for me.. if anyone has solved this problem easily or know a better way around for this.. please shed some light into this..

for more info i have installed prestashop from aws market place 

hey thanks for your time..i had all my prestashop files copied into this location var/WWW/html/ht docs. it was giving an error.. forbidden.. then i gave all the permissions to the ht docs folder..and restarted Apache2 and reinstalled php.. now the default page doesn't show up . but a blank white screen appears. .what i,m doing wrong..???

One thing is you should copy all your files to var/WWW/html and not var/WWW/html/ht. And its quite simple if you upload ur application using elastic beanstalk. But you should make sure, it will unzip all your prestashop folders to var/WWW/html.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
On 6/7/2015 at 7:36 PM, SriramKP said:

Please check file/folder permissions. The permissions should be granted to webapp:webapp all the folders and files in the location /var/app/current/.

there is no location like /var/app/current/.

The permissions should be granted to webapp:webapp all the folders and files ??

how?? 

On 6/7/2015 at 7:36 PM, SriramKP said:

Please check file/folder permissions. The permissions should be granted to webapp:webapp all the folders and files in the location /var/app/current/.

there is no location like /var/app/current/.

The permissions should be granted to webapp:webapp all the folders and files ??

how??