USPS First-class mail missing from Front Office

No matter what I do, USPS First-class mail is not showing up in the cart in Front Office. USPS Media Mail, Library Mail, Parcel Post, Priority Mail, Express Mail are all working perfectly.

I am using the Connect to USPS v1.3.5 module on Prestashop 1.6.0.14.

My settings and Things I have tried:

• I have uninstalled and reinstalled the USPS carrier module fresh (several times):
    • Packaging Size: Regular
    • Packaging Type: Variable
    • Machinable: False
    • Calculation Mode: All items in one package
    • Packaging Weight: 0.5 lbs.
  • My USPS Web Tools Id is enabled for Production.
  • One-page vs. Five-step checkout makes no difference.
  • First-Class Mail (2-3 days) [Commercial Rate] is enabled in the USPS module
  • The corresponding Carrier ID is enabled in Backoffice > Shipping > Carriers
    • Maximum width, length, height = 0
    • Maximum weight is set to 13 oz. (0.8125 lbs.)
  • The product I am attempting to test with is .09 lbs shipping weight - 3 should fit in a single 0.5 lbs. first class mail box under the 13 oz. weight limit
    • 2.63" width, 2.63" length, 0.63" depth
  • I am using Advanced Stock Management
    • I have only one warehouse.
    • All carriers are added to warehouse.
    • All products are stocked in warehouse.
  • Products do not have carrier restrictions (all carriers available)

No matter what I do, First Class mail does not show up.

In my usps_cache table, I see that the first class carrier Id for first class mail is coming back as is_available = 0 and total_charges = 0.00 each time a cart is refreshed.

I have read just about every post on this topic and tried every suggestion I have seen, but nothing works. Please help! First-class mail is critical to my customers!

I did not find a fix. In the end I ended up uninstalling and removing the entire USPS module. It is so buggy it is unusable. 

I manually added First Class to the Carriers list and typed in the weight breaks and prices by zone by hand based on the spreadsheet from USPS website for Commercial Base pricing, and I added the rest of the USPS methods and rates through SQL from spreadsheets as well.

A lot of setup work, but it is working great now.

For rates, go here: https://www.usps.com/business/prices.htm, click on Downloadable Files, scroll down to First-Class Package Service®, and download the XLS corresponding to your rate class (Commercial Base or Commercial Plus). There are only 13 oz possible, so you only have to set up max 13 ranges. Since you are doing this manually, don't forget to subtract your package weight from 13, and shift the entire rates table up (so for example I use the 13 oz price for 0.75-0.8125 lbs. range to account for a 3 oz package weight).

This is doable for First Class, Media Mail, and Library Mail, since these services are not zone-based. Zone-based services (Priority Mail, UPS, Fedex, etc) are more difficult, and probably required SQL.

Edited by panamahatpub (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to manually set up the other shipping options within prestashop?  Priority shipping for example, is there a way to make this work and calculate shipping without the module?

EDIT:

I see you said you set up the other prices via SQL.  Could you walk me through this?  I would really like to get my shipping working how you did and not need to use the buggy plugin.

Edited by dprovost1990 (see edit history)