Help with customers (my address) fields

hobbychan

Hello, 

I'm setting up my store, using the latest version of Prestashop. 
I'm using a third party payment gateway (QPay). However, I'm facing a weird issue. 

If customers use any type of symbols in their first or last name when they add their address (i.e: Jassim Al-Mass) which is a very common way to use in family names in my country. The payment gateway will reject the redirection to its portal. 
I have spoke to the developer of the module, he said he can't promise me something but he will try to let his technical team adjust their system. 

In the mean time, I'm wondering if there is a module or a way to force customers to write their names without adding symbols or special characters? 

Regards, 

Your only option would be to override the "sign-up" template, or change the code that processes the entry form to add additional validation. Although it would be strange in terms of user experience, especially if your country is used to these type of names with special characters.

This is only possible if you are hosting PrestaShop yourself, and you'll need development experience (it's simple for those who know their way around prestashop).

Let me know if you have any other questions!