Changing standard behaviours of backoffice

Riccardo g.

Hi,

I need to modify some behaviours of the backend

for example, hiding some toolbar icons  for certain kind of users

So I'd like to use overriding, using a module.

The documentation explains how to write a  module that overrides FrontOffice modules

How can I do the same for the Backend?

Thanks,

RIc

Have you tried setting restrictions for back office (BO) users through Administration > Permissions? I think that would be much easier than writing a module. 

All you have to do is go to Administration > Employees (I'm assuming your BO users have separate profiles, which they should), and assign them a Profile

(You can edit the name of profiles vis Administration > Profiles)

Then, you can set restrictions for each profile (which could consists of a group of people) via Administration > Permissions

Have you tried setting restrictions for back office (BO) users through Administration > Permissions? I think that would be much easier than writing a module. 

I've tried! 

unfortunately the onjects I'd like to  hide are not managed by the permissions

moreover, in a further step of customisation, I'll need to modify the behaviour of the AdminOrder controller, so I really need to understand how to modify a BO module :) 

I'm almost on the  way...

I've found the docs,

problem was that the docs are on the 1.5 Documentation: I've started directly with 1.6 doc, where  "using helpers to overload a backoffice module" is laking..

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Using+helpers+to+overload+a+back-office+template

Thanks,

ric

Edited by Riccardo g. (see edit history)