"Payment accepted" email not sent to customer unless status manually changed and reverted

Background: SMTP servers work. "Payment accepted" email eventually gets sent with a manual workaround, detailed in Scenario. 

Version used: Cloud. 1.6.0.14

Scenario: Customer pays for an order. Order status is "payment accepted". Payment accepted email is not sent, as verified by looking at at Advanced Parameters > E-mail and customer-tester confirmation (I and my partner have both tried as fake customers). E-mail is not sent even after waiting for an hour or so.

BUT, if I change the status from "payment accepted" to anything else and then back to "payment accepted" again, the "payment accepted" email gets sent instantaneously. 

I've "duplicated" this around 5 times now. It's really not the end of the world (partner disagrees though lol), but I do find it odd.

It used to work fine (tested twice) with both payment and order_conf emails getting sent. Now, even with this workaround, order_conf doesn't get sent unless I manually change the status to a custom order status that triggers order_conf. (The order_conf is problematic as well, leaving objects like {date} etc as is and not filling it with customer data, but that's a whole other beast; found two other forum users with the exact same problem, unresolved)

Payment module used: PayPal USA, Canada v 1.38. Note, though, that the scenario repeats even on free orders (which PayPal doesn't process). Same payment module used when things were still working fine.

Mail module used: Mailjet v 3.2.0. Same mail module used when things were still working fine.

Debug mode used: Yes. (Disable overrides, disable non-prestashop modules) Didn't help.

If anybody can take a crack at this, I'd appreciate any help and would be glad to give more info if needed. 

If anyone's having the same problem, I'd appreciate knowing solutions that you've tried but didn't work.

Thanks!

Edited by benjie (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...