Why is my site so slow - urgent help needed please

Hi Folks

My website seems to take a while to load and im getting issues from google saying

Some URLs in the Sitemap have a high response time.
Some URLs listed in this Sitemap have a high response time. This may indicate a problem with your server or with the content of the page.

anyone else has this or get any adivse to speed things up for me please

http://www.dollshousekingdom.co.uk

thanks

Bear in mind that unlike, for example a fairly static website, Prestashop is PHP/MySQL intensive so the server has a lot ore work to do everytime someone clicks a page as opposed to just coughing up a normal static file.

This is where shared hosting accounts can cause slow performance, but it depends on how well managed the server is by the hosting company and how busy your and other sites on there are. If your site is too resource intensive their terms will probably state that they reserve the right to move your site to another less loaded server and charge you more (which is fair enough).

However if you luck out and get on a server that is lightly loaded even a basic shared account can work fast enough...

• 1 month later...

Wow, now that is slow. I must say I haven't had the same problems with any of the sites I host, nor the others I've worked on. Has this slowdown occurred recently, or has it been a gradual thing?

It may be an idea to check the log files on your server, just to make sure there's nothing going on in the background.

Paul