Image Slider Question

Hello

I thought default width for the slider was 779px, the height, of course, is up to you

Or are you talking about something else.

Paul

Yeah it's the height that is the issue.

There are two navigation arrows for people to manually scroll through the images, they are not visible unless you have a dark background (default prestashop does not) or a dark image big enough to provide a background, which is what I'm aiming for.

I'll experiment with my image sizes, would be a lot easier if I knew the default height. :)

In fact there are other images that I've added to my website that don't fit the default spaces provided by Prestashop - looks sloppy. 

Any suggestions?

Edit: ok one of the images I used is 2830 x 1821 pixels, so much larger than the default.

Another is 1894 x 1294  and on this one I can just about see the tops of the slider buttons showing up.

Maybe there's a pixel proportion you need to have.

Edited by Amber123 (see edit history)

Ok I've experimented and it's not good.

If you upload an image with the max 779px width and 679px height, the image is tall enough to show the navigation arrows.

If, however, you upload an image that is 994 x 679px, the height is reduced and thus too small to show the navigation arrows.

The problem for me is that my photo distorts if I choose 779 x 679. 

Make sense?

Surely somebody can answer this?

Has anybody NOT experienced problems with editing the default image slider?

the proportions are all messed up compared to default:

the slider in this image is width 790x590px height - note that the bottom of the navigation arrows are not quite visible.

Also note that the images to the right of the slider are out of proportion compared to the default version.

slider%20prob_zpse7mlijww.jpg

Edit: would it help if I paid you to help?

Seriously, I don't understand why Prestashop is broken. I'm happy to pay you if that's what it takes.

Also lost my cart after an update. I might as well be launching my store on a potato.

Edited by Amber123 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...