[HELP] RE-generate friendly URL-s HOW TO.

Salus

Hi everyone, I need some help please.

Sigh... Ya see, when I started making this shop of ours, I knew NOTHING about SEO and organic search and friendly urls... I still dunno too much, but I already know that I did something terribly wrong form SEO perspective.

I have enabled friendly url-s, but I have csv-uploaded that column with product codes. So my url-s now look something like www.mywebshop.com/category123/1001-1254/2357-586. I named everything so I can understand the content of the page, not the customer. Those numbers mean subcategories, and sub-subcategories, and finally a product code. I did this for a better communication with my accounting software.

Anyway, now I realized that friendly urls are supposed to be friendly to the customer, not to me :)

example: http://www.salus-tehnomed.ro/fesi-bandaje-elastice/816-1487-1487.html

Problem is, I have 1300+ products active. I`m searching for a solution to DEACTIVATE friendy ulr-s somehow, then REGENERATE the whole thing based on product name. Is that possible through prestashop, or shoud I export the ps_product_lang table, do it manually or via excel, then reimport it? I`ve already rewritten all the category names to a more friendly version (as you can see from the examlpe), but I still have all the products. Any advice of making that faster?
And after this, do I have to rebuild the whole index and the whole cache? Logical answer would be yes. Problem is that we are online, so I cannot stop the shop anymore for testing...

So, the essence of the question is: if I disable the friendly-url`s from Preferences/SEO&URL, will they be deleted from the database and regenerated if reenabled? Using version 1.5.6

Cheers, and thanks in advance.

Edited by Salus (see edit history)