Remove " Powered by PrestaShop™ "

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Could anybode tell me / confirm suggestions of aboves threats?

I really would like to remove the 'powered by prestashop' from my main page/home page.

could anyone tell me how I do this, what I have to change in one of the files on my server?

Thanks!

• 10 months later...

Verified:
To remove the credit from the footer area all you need to do is edit the variouslinks.tpl file. This is located in the modules/blockvariouslinks folder. Remove the line of code near the bottom of the file that relates to the link, and then save the file and reupload to your server.

To remove the credit link from the emails you will need to edit each email template individually. These are located in two different folders. Firstly /mails/yourlanguage, modules/mailalerts/mail/yourlanguage.

The link code is located at the bottom of each file.

• 8 months later...

Indeed..

But when you install other language files from Admin -> Import Language,
it seems that after the automatic installation some language files / folders like:

- Mails folder (the email templates / txt footer copyright issue)
- Mail Module

Are no longer -FTPable / Unwritable (nasty no admin rights -ftp error)
Even the new imported language files are no longer in function
te set other permissions..

But when i look to the other (standard) language files (.en .fr .se) and
-ftp these email and email module templates, there's no permissions conflict
at all?

• 3 months later...
Verified:
To remove the credit from the footer area all you need to do is edit the variouslinks.tpl file. This is located in the modules/blockvariouslinks folder. Remove the line of code near the bottom of the file that relates to the link, and then save the file and reupload to your server.

To remove the credit link from the emails you will need to edit each email template individually. These are located in two different folders. Firstly /mails/yourlanguage, modules/mailalerts/mail/yourlanguage.

The link code is located at the bottom of each file.

Thansk - really helpful :)

• 1 month later...
in prestashop 1.4.X you need to edit module/blockcms/blockcms.tpl and remove line 59

I did that in my shop, but the link is still there....

Noop, you are right. After emptying cache and everything, it's gone. Tx

• 3 weeks later...

Other thing to try if this is not working i s this ...

I made those changes and still the Powered by Prestashop was showing. If you are using another template other than the standard Prestashop template - you must change the blockcms.tpl that comes with the tempplate - it is in

template/modules/blockcms

changing the blockcms.tpl in the core Prestashop folder wil not work

Hope this helps someone and the support on the forum is a life saver!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Version 1.4.4.1

Go to Modules>CMS Block Configuration

Remove tick from Display "Powered by Presta Shop"

:)

last one da best! Thanks Todor! Could you please advice how I can add my custom message to the botom in my theme?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

It is quite easy to modify the templates, just search for the words you want to removed in the files, and remove the lines you don't like.

You can even change the templates to make it look like how you like it :).

can you help me how can we search a word in tpl files? thank you

• 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...

HI 

I am also trying to remove powered by Prestashop which relatively easy in my case i downloaded all the files from my ftp  root of prestashop

mails/en and all the files was there

my problem was this