Cart Empty(ed) after checkout - no order created

Hi,

I have an issue with orders on my site. I add products to the cart, complete the checkout process and when I select payment with Multibanco (similar to HiPay) and I confirm the order, I get back to step one of checkout with a message that the cart is empty. If I choose "BankWire" it works so I assumed it was a problem with the module.

When I first installed the store and this module It was working. I eventually made some updates on some module (as suggested in the BO and updated prestashop to version 1.6.0.14 (from 1.6.0.x) and eventually also updated the module because of some graphical aspects.

The module generates a payment code (to use in an ATM or homebanking) and displays it to the customer after checkout and sends an email with it.

After discovering this issue (based on the quantity of abandoned carts with customer info (which seemed strange) I generated an order based on an abandoned cart and it worked ok. The payment code was generated and the email was sent to the customer. It only fails within the checkout process.

I've been exchanging emails with the person that developed the module who confirmed that it is working in his lab and eventually gave him full access to my server in order to find the issue. We deleted and reinstalled the module but still the same.

Until now we found nothing so I would like to know if someone can advise on how to proceed in order to get further debugging.

I'm using MODEZ Digital theme

I have one comment form the module developer on which I  cannot comment as I don't quite understand:

"I've made a var_dump to see if it's grabbing the cart object and notice the id is NULL. I don't understand why as I compared it with the bankwire module and it as the same method to get the info"

sorry for a quite long post.

my website is: http://www.compativeis.pt (it's PT only)

Any idea on how to proceed with debugging in order to check what's wrong?

thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...