Is it possible to improve the upgrade process?

I must say after using this software for nearly 12 months things have gone great for our website since the change to PS.

The only thing I would change and I am asking the PS team to please look at this is an easy way of upgrading to the latest version and future versions of PS. Is there a way of having some kind of button in the BO to do this, I'm not a developer or programer myself so I don't know if this is at all possible, There are loads and loads of posts in the forum due to the upgrade process.

With all the modules and templates that are available some which can be used on the latest version but not on the old version and some on all versions, Is it possible that when upgrading that the latest version will work with an old version of module, so if someone can't get a old module to work with the latest version the upgrade will benefit them.

I know you are busy people but I think that this would help the community and the grow of PS even more.

Regards,

Mark.

The only thing I would change and I am asking the PS team to please look at this is an easy way of upgrading to the latest version and future versions of PS. Is there a way of having some kind of button in the BO to do this, I'm not a developer or programer myself so I don't know if this is at all possible, There are loads and loads of posts in the forum due to the upgrade process.

We are aware that the update process is not very convenient. But actually, according to the solution's conception, we can't modify this process a lot. So, in the futur we will improve it, but not in a short time.

With all the modules and templates that are available some which can be used on the latest version but not on the old version and some on all versions, Is it possible that when upgrading that the latest version will work with an old version of module, so if someone can't get a old module to work with the latest version the upgrade will benefit them.

No, this is not possible. The module developer will generally have to update his module to make it compatible with the next PrestaShop version. This is the case with all the softwares.

Title modified

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. I am still on 1.1.0.5 because it will not upgrade for me. I have followed all the instructions to the T but it does not upgrade. I would like to upgrade the way other programs do with an upgrade tab that does it all for me. Then at least I would know that it was done right.

June