There is 1 error(s): An error occurred while creating your account.

When on the checkout page, after I enter in  the personal information, I get this error: There is 1 error(s): An error occurred while creating your account.. The site was working fine, all I did was change servers. Can anyone provide any guidance?

If you have just changed servers then ensure you clear all caches. Also I find that you need to reset .httaccess (switch friendly url off, save, then switch on and save) and the robots file

If still no good switch on debug mode and see what appears

Store URL? I will try it and see if I get the error

What server have you changed to? Self hosted or with a host? We changed to a cloud VPS and the php / apache settings were not the same as the hosted plan so it too a while to sort it all out

I have tested the url, and yes I get the same error. You say you have just switched to a new VPS. Is that related? So you made the switch and immediately this stopped working? Have you made any other changes?

Perhaps a corruption while migrating the files and database. I had a corruption on the database, so I dropped all the tables and imported again

As I mentioned, when we switch to VPS the apache and php settings needed quite a lot of tweaking. We did not have this specific issue though

Can you create a new customer in the backoffice?

Just trying to draw out more information so that perhaps some one can spot an issue

• 5 years later...

We had the same issue with Prestashop 1.4. We moved from one hosting to another. And when a client tried to register the following error popped up: An error occurred while creating your account..

In our case we came from MySQL and went to MariaDB. In the configuration STRICT_TRANS_TABLES was turned on. And by turning this off the issue was solved.

• Like 1