free shipping and cart rules bug

I did not have much help on the french forums, so I post here, maybe someone as some clues about the problem.

I'm using prestashop 1.6.0.11

and blockcart module 1.5.6 (i'm not sure if this module as anything to do with my problem or not)

Anyway here is the problem

post-339902-0-85824000-1420992645.png

I've done some test with cart rules that applies reduction and it works fine, so it's only "free shipping" that is a problem.

The cart rule activates itself since in step "4. livraison -delivery-" we can see the free carrier, but it doesn't select it automatically. (on the screen shot I have clicked on it manually)

When the carrier is selected manually lie that, it doesn't update the "blockcart" as you can see in the screenshot.

When we pass to step "5 payment" everything is fine: the free shipping appears and the blockcart is also metioning free shipping.

If I do not set any restriction of carriers in the cart rules, everything works fine. So the problem seems to be with the carrier restriction.

In the settings i've set to select the cheapest carrier by default but it doesn't seem to select the free shipping carrier by default. 

Any ideas?

thank you.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

When we pass to step "5 payment" everything is fine: the free shipping appears and the blockcart is also metioning free shipping.

If I do not set any restriction of carriers in the cart rules, everything works fine. So the problem seems to be with the carrier restriction.

Great!!!  Many thanks! 

I've arranged carriers restriction with Free shipment cart rule for orders exceeds  the level.

And could not understand why "free delivery" notice appears for chosen carriers . 

It should be the amount here and the customer could pick required option.

If no restrictions applied - all of carriers are shown with the delivery costs.

And free delivery will be calculated on the final confirmation step. 

Of course the cart rule's free shipment bug (for separate choice of carriers) is still there. 

But Your message is very helpful for me. Hope all of this topic wi be helpful for others.

Long live Prestashop forum!