Changing Email subjects: "No Subject was found for shipped in the database."

Hey fellow PrestaShop users!

I am using PrestaShop 1.6.0.13, default theme.

I would like to change all of my Email subjects via backend -> Localization -> Translations, however for some email templates I cannot do that:

• For 'shipped', I get the error message: "No Subject was found for shipped in the database."
  • While for 'reply_msg', I get to see the Email subject and I can change it.

I found in themes/defaulttheme/mails/en/lang.php that some subjects are missing and others are not. For ex., 'reply_msg' has:

$_LANGMAIL['An answer to your message is available #ct%1$s #tc%2$s'] = 'An answer to your message is available #ct%1$s #tc%2$s';

I get that for 'shipped' I can go to Backend -> Orders -> Statuses, but what I would like is:

• Backend: status is "Shipped", a short and clear message for me & co-workers.
  • Email to customers: email subject "Your order has been shipped", a nicer message to customers than saying only "Shipped".

Is this possible, by configuring something in the Backend or if necessary, by changing some files? I have checked recent (2014, 2015) topics about this but unfortunately the solutions were not applicable.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Gardensofthesun and motion2082,

I still haven't found a simple solution. I'm working on a new shop with Prestashop 1.6.1.5 and it is still a problem.

The email subjects in Orders -> Statuses are stored in database.

I suggest choosing one or the other: 

-Have a nice message for customers, but also for you & co-workers: "Your order has been shipped"

-Have a short clear message, but not so friendly to your customers: "Shipped"