v1.3.0.1 Taxes not added

Hi Matthieu,

Thanks for the response.

This is a state tax not a product tax.

Is it not possible to show the product with no tax but have sales tax added in cart.

I have been successfully using a mod by tomerg3 in 1.2.5.0. but I don't think it will work in the new version.

• 1 month later...

I am also on 1.3.0.2 and my tax display also is weird.
I have configured a product with a price of 2.50 (tax included).
On the front-end it will display the price without tax, no matter what i change.

The group is set to "Tax included". Changing this to Tax excluded does not change the price also.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone found a solution for this? I want to be able to display my products without tax, but have the tax show up in the shopping cart only on checkout after they have specified they are located in the same state I am selling from. If they are from outside my state, I do not have to charge them tax.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anyone found a solution for this? I want to be able to display my products without tax, but have the tax show up in the shopping cart only on checkout after they have specified they are located in the same state I am selling from. If they are from outside my state, I do not have to charge them tax.

I need the same!

Are anybody resoled this problem???

• 2 weeks later...

No I haven't checked if it displays prices correctly after user registration. What difference does it make? You can't show customers a lower price before registration and then a higher one after registration and have happy customers.

If you look at my screenshots you'll see that I'm in the UK, and product tax is what is not displaying at the site. So it looks like one issue in the US (state tax) and another issue elsewhere (product tax or Value Added Tax as its called in Europe), but the problem is essentially the same in that tax is not showing up online.

Hi, i think i have a solution for this problem with UK VAT, I went into the Payments > Taxes > then clicked on the edit button next to VAT 17.5% and ticked the box next to the zone i had created for UK

If you dont have the zone there let you can create a new zone by going to shipping > zones from the back office.

The new prices with VAT included now show in my front office

Ran into a problem trying to set up accepting VAT registration numbers so haven't tried this yet, but I'm wondering what is displayed when someone browses your website? How would it know which shipping zone you were in and therefore whether to show prices as inclusive or exclusive of tax?

Hi Pesko,

I have the problem that seems to be general. I need that prices appear without tax when customers view the shop products, and once they go to the cart tax appears there... I'm in Spain and I have to charge tax only for those of the EU countries. So it's misleading to put prices Tax included for those who don't have to pay Tax.

So as an expert, please tell me how can I choose that prices appear Tax excluded???

Pleeeeeease.

Thank you

I am in the US and had the same problem with state tax. Go to Prestashop’s WIKI under TAXES – make sure you follow the directions.

Also, do the following:

In Back Office >> Customers >> Groups and click on edit icon.
Then choose Price display method Tax excluded.

After you make your edits, delete your cookies, then re-open your site to see if your tax is displayed correctly.

If that fails, do a search in the forum for ideas on fixing the state tax – it can be done, but I’m not good at explaining how to do it.

I am in the US and had the same problem with state tax. Go to Prestashop’s WIKI under TAXES – make sure you follow the directions.

Also, do the following:

In Back Office >> Customers >> Groups and click on edit icon.
Then choose Price display method Tax excluded.

After you make your edits, delete your cookies, then re-open your site to see if your tax is displayed correctly.

If that fails, do a search in the forum for ideas on fixing the state tax – it can be done, but I’m not good at explaining how to do it.

Thanx a million dixie,

I was so happy that I jumped. Here is my email and MSN at the same time: [email protected], please add me to you MSN list to be able to consult you should I face any problem.

Thanx again
Sami