Anyone use Hostmonster for prestashop?

I just learned that yahoo doesn't support php 5, hard to believe but true. I was thinking of hostmonster, does anyone here host with them, and does everything work with prestashop (specifically sef links)? thanks

• 2 months later...

I also want to install by hostmonster.com. but there is a problem of hostserver name. i contact with the hostmonster support about this, the default server name is: localhost. but when I use this as default,the database can not connected. anyone has experience on this.

I'm using hostmonster without any issues. I see it up a few months ago and just today updated to 1.08. I recall seeing localhost as the server during this update. Can't remember exactly if I did anything but follow the install instructions. Sounds a bit like you need to check your database username/password details.

- Graham

I also want to install by hostmonster.com. but there is a problem of hostserver name. i contact with the hostmonster support about this, the default server name is: localhost. but when I use this as default,the database can not connected. anyone has experience on this.

Hi Rod,

indeed the MySQL server address could be "localhost".
First things I'd check are database name & username/password pair: for example if you created a DB named "database1" and a username like "user1" the correct DB username for access could be something like "database1_user1". Hostmonster offers a very detailed control panel (I've been looking at their demo account), so you should be able to retrieve the correct database details starting from there.

Hope it helps,

Fabio

Hi

I use Justhost.com who are very cheap.

At the bottom of their homepage is a link called (Secret Link) that if you use that you get a 20% discount for nothing. The cost for the year is £47.40 and that includes 3 domain names.

I have used them for almost 1 year and so far have had no downtime that I have noticed.

Their support is also very good.

Hi Rod,

indeed the MySQL server address could be "localhost".
First things I'd check are database name & username/password pair: for example if you created a DB named "database1" and a username like "user1" the correct DB username for access could be something like "database1_user1". Hostmonster offers a very detailed control panel (I've been looking at their demo account), so you should be able to retrieve the correct database details starting from there.

Hope it helps,

Fabio

Hi Fabio, thanks for your message. I contact with their support and the issue is solved. Just becuase my password include @ and %, while hostmonster do not allow to use these. Anyway thanks for your message.