E-mail not beeing sent any more. & No order shows in BO after customer successfully completed their purchase.

Hi.

I have seen when i searched the forum that many more people have had same problem as me, but i have not seen any solution.

(This part is solved) No order shows in BO after customer successfully completed their purchase.

Problem is that i don't get ant new orders in BO when customer have gone trough with a purchase.
I have tested this my self now with different test accounts, and i tried order with Bank-wire and order with COD, other payments i have not tested.

The whole process for me as a customer looks correct, nothing looks strange, i get on screen all info needed to make my bank-wire or COD info. BUT i don't get any confirmation email.
And as i said, for me as store owner i don't get any info about the order.

This is i believe a very serious problem since customer can pay a lot of money and think they have been scammed.
I have as i said, searched the forum, and found a lot of posts about this, many have the problem with paypal, but just as many have it with Bank-wire and COD. But i don't see any solution in any of the threads.

So is there anyone that have figured this out and can help spreading the solution?
Or is this still unsolved?
Where shall i start to look, and for what should i look?
I hope for your help.
Thanks in advance.
//Peter

I dont know what might have hapened, but today the orders showed up, a bit late, 12-14 hours or so, but at least it showed up.

Still existing problem
But what is still a problem and that i have not been able to solve is the problem with no email beeing sent out, neither to me or the customers.
So i dont get message when orders are made or when stock get low. And customers dont get their, orderconfirmations, password requests, etc. etc.
I have searched for it and seen many have got the problem, but stil no workable solution in any of the threads.

Anyone have a good idea of what to do here?

I chatted with the support guys on my web-host and they couldn't help much.
But i do have a few domain at this webhost, and my backupstore, (identical files and database) is on another domain but within the same host.
With the backup copy i can send all kinds of mail, order confirmation, passw-retreival, send to a friend, message to me about new orders in backoffice etc. etc.

So now im confused. Same host, same server, same files and database, and it works for the backup-testshop, but my live real store cant send email. What can i have done wrong to make this happen.
only difference with the testshop and liveshop are the name of the shop.
www.thelindbergs.se/testshop (all mail work well)
and
www.lindbergers.com/ws (no mail at all)

What i did was to copy all folders and files from testshop when i was done with its design.
Uploaded it to my live stores server, changed the path in back-office and in the settings file
What else can there be i have missed to do?
And I also wonder if the different themes can have any to do with it?

Best regards
Peter

I allso realize that according to the stats i have not sold anything either.
I attached 2 pictures here explaining what i mean.
One picture shows that i have not had any orders this month and i have not sold anything this month
Next picture shows you just the opposite. that i have had orders and sales.
Can this have anything to do with why i don't get email´s?

I soon dont know more just what to do, is this email send out in anyway connected with the database also, that the problem can be there some how?

Thanks for your time

//Peter

17886_i4rZCSfPXQouZIRBVtlk_t

17887_bdQhUOGvuuAsg6VPdGZU_t

Well, i have also one.com as host for both my domains, and it works fine on one domain,
but on the other domain the identical same files and DB wont work with the emails.
This of course make me think that i have done something to some file/setting on the non working one, but i just cant figure it out.
I have made a php site with a simple mail script on the non working domain, in the stores folders, and that works. A big mystery.

Hi,
I am having the exact same problems. It first start on one webshop which is hosted at one.com (but i am still developing that one so i thought a presta 1.2 problem) but today it started on my second webshop which is running for 8 months now with no problems (until now) on presta 1.1 also at One.com. They informed me that they are fixing it. Until then i dont know what to do....

I have the same issue!
My shop is hosted on one.com and now all of a sudden I don't get any emails nor my costumers!
I know I got an email a while back from one that they would upgrade their php. I didn't think much of it, but I guess that is what caused these problems.
Nobody got a solution?

Hi,
I am having the exact same problems. It first start on one webshop which is hosted at one.com (but i am still developing that one so i thought a presta 1.2 problem) but today it started on my second webshop which is running for 8 months now with no problems (until now) on presta 1.1 also at One.com. They informed me that they are fixing it. Until then i dont know what to do....

OK, Do you know what they were going "to fix". Did the support specify any details regaring your email problems?
BR
/J

No they were so vague about it Php (but that change happen 8-12-2009). they said there were problems with the server where my site is located. Second time they told me it would be fixed in 15 minutes. third time they asked me to fill in a ticket so technicians would look at it. The weirdest thing was that the guy from their live support asked for my login code of my shop ( i told him i would never give it away). I think that i will move my shop asap.

greetz

Same thing here. First shops mail went down about a week ago and now the second one today. I have gotten no answers from the tech support that is helpful in any way. I have always appreciated their live help but when it comes to the technical support they give me a bad feeling of incompetence and not beeing service minded. In one shop I at the same time got problems with the orders. It shows in order that they have placed an order and the total amount. But I can not see what they have orderd. Not under orders, not on invoices and not in "my orders" in customer account. Anyone recognize this issue as well?

// M

maybe we will get more help if we combine our reports for ONE.COM, about this issue? what do people think about this idea?
I can only imagine it is annoying everyone who has this problem. As Friday, Saterday and Sunday are very important for my shop! grr
PM me with the name of your website if you want to join me.
I will start contacting them tommorow morning by email, chat support, and phone.

MistrM sorry the order problem isn`t happening to me at least not yet! have you looked at the link placed by BGBK

greetz and good luck all
Suatje

So i have been in contact with one.com for almost 2 hours but still it is not working. we tried configuring smtp (didnt work). The only interesting thing i discovered is that with one.com you are only allowed to send 25 mails to other e-mails than (@yourdomain.com). that limits you 2 8 new customers a day...

i`ll keep you up to dated

gteetz

POSSIBLE FIX

Hi all, I had been having the same problem:

customers did not receive any emails
I did not receive any emails
customers tried to resend passwords but never received them
customers could not contact us via the 'contact us page

After speaking with one.com support for about a week, I gave them my BO login details and they seemed to have fixed the problem. They have set up SMTP with different settings that they state on their website. You might want to try this:

In BO go to Preferences and then select the email tab
Tick the button for 'Set my own SMTP Paramaters
Set it up with the following:
SMTP Server: mailout.one.com
SMTP user: [email protected] (eg mine is [email protected])
Encryption: None
Port: 25

Click save

As I said, support did this for me and it is working fine, but I'm worried about this 25 email limit, especially since it was one.com live support that not only recommended Prestashop to me, but also said that it was compatable with their system. I'm new to all this and have had to learn it all as I go, so it has taken a lot of time to build my shop and develop it this far so far!

Keep me updated on how anyone gets on at one.com, someone should take a list of all of the domains that we as their customers have (almost like a petition) in order to highlight how big the issue is, even if they can fix it so that SMTP works for everyone and removes the limit!

My and my girlfriends domains are:
www.totallybike.com (currently using Prestashop)
www.totallybike.co.uk (soon to be using prestashop)
www.cougarmarketing.co.uk (soon to be using prestashop)
www.bridgepropertysolutions.co.uk (no prestashop)
www.fast2buyproperties.co.uk (no prestashop)
www.dgnsproperty.co.uk (no prestashop)

Hope we get this sorted

Gary

I just want to mention one important thing leave smtp password open! than it works like a charm!!!!
phewww

Tick the button for ‘Set my own SMTP Paramaters
SMTP user: [email protected]
SMTP password : LEAVE IT OPEN !!!!!IMPORTANT!!!!

For me this works

This is amazing, all of us that been in contact with the support why couldn't we have gotten this simple solution at once?

But im great full and i really appreciate you guys who made this fix work for us. You guys rock :-)

Thanks a lot
Peter

they told me the exact same and they said port 2525
so after the post of totallybike i tried 25 and password but got nothing.

I tried no password and voila! it worked
Then i contacted one.com so that they could spread this solution.
i recommend the easiest one as and use smtp. Its more accesible

greetz

Off to try this fix, been looking for 3 dyas now for a fix, try altering codes, email address, settings! And nothing, one.com told me port 2525 though?

Does anyone else have really slow load up of there site through one.com? Seems to load well occasionally then take and age or not load the BO at all?

PHIL

Tick the button for ‘Set my own SMTP Paramaters
SMTP user: [email protected] (eg mine is [email protected])

Click save

WORKED A TREAT!!! Good find, as live support weren't to clever this morning and really just wanted me to go!!

Cheers PHIL

I tried to send a message through the contact form in my webshop.
It is not working!!!
I have changed to the SMTP and it used to work. But not now :(
Anyone has any idea what might be wrong now?

EDIT: I tried again, and now it worked :/
It seems to only work when it wants to.
It there a limit of how many messages that can be sent through the SMTP settings? Anyone know?

Hi there

there is a limit of 25 messages per day with them. Someone is working on a list of one.com users to raise this issue.

PHIL> As for running slowly, some times my page loads quickly but more often than not it takes 30+ seconds which is ridiculous. When I contact support they say that they "refresh" my domain and that seems to work for a few days before it slows down again. Whoever is making the petition list for One.com should also raise this issue and mention a joint lawsuit.

Gary

I spoke to them two days ago since my ordinary email didn't work, and that my backoffice had probs to connect with the database.
The answer i got then was that they had a major failure regarding ftp and http that affected more or less everything.
They were working on a fix to make most work as usually, but then the job behind scenes to make it all work as supposed to again might take much longer.
Exactly what was wrong and had happened they never said, just apologized for not being able to give better service at the time.

//Peter

Quote from one.com

Network - Den 1 februari 2010 18:16 CET
Dear customer

Unfortunately, we have experienced instability on our network during the recent weeks, culminating in the days around Sunday January 31th, when many customers for brief periods could not access their website and email.

It is important to emphasize that no data or emails have been lost or will be lost as a result of these problems.

One.com has until now only used HP as the supplier of servers, but as of the summer 2009 we entered into an agreement with IBM regarding supply of blade servers. We have recently put a part of the new servers into service.

The server type has unfortunately caused problems for our service. To a large part of our customers this has meant periodical downtime for websites as well as many customers for short periods have not been able to read mail without experiencing clearly notable delays.

The hardware that has caused the problems has been delivered to One.com by one of IBM's subcontractors. Today technicians from IBM are working closely together with our own technicians to solve the issues.

The technically detailed explanation is that an error occurred in the IBM-supplied switch module in which the blade servers are mounted. It is a brand new switch type from Blade Network Technologies. Periodically a heavy network noise is registered from the switch enclosure modules. The noise is disturbing the service, and occasionally spreading the problems to large parts of our network, making the whole network unavailable.

The solution we are about to implement is a total replacement of all the hardware, where we have seen even the slightest instability.

We apologize for any inconvenience and we hope for our customers' understanding as we do everything possible to restore stability on our servers.

Best regards
One.com

If I want to send a newsletter to my costumer through my newsletter module it will not work?
I have a lot more than 25 receivers of my newsletter...

I guess its either change your account at one.com from a private to a business account, then most likely this kind of limitations go away. Or change to another host.
My so far good experience from the past with one.com will have me looking at their more "buffed" solutions.
I don't want to move all my sites from there just yet.

What do you mean by business account?
My shop URL and everything is already registered to my business, but that doesn't seem to matter.
Everything worked just fine until they upgraded their php-version and also seem to have massive hardware failure.
Until now I have used php-settings for e mail, but to make it at least somewhat working I had to change it to SMTP. With the php-settings there was no limitations, why is it like that with the SMTP settings?

Well, what i meant was. like me, i have bought their cheapest service. And even though they say that they have free traffic it still seems like they have a limitation on the smtp sending. (25) That makes me believe that they probably offer more expensive services where this most likely is really free. If im wrong then this 25 limit is not true and who ever stated it in the first place have to leave a source for the info.

//Peter

I'm getting really annoyed with this!

My site is running really slow now (30seconds+ per page) or not loading at all! Chat support say they have passed it to technical support but that a response will take 24-48 hours! This keeps happening to my site and they NEVER fix it!

I'm losing customers! And MONEY!

It's also funny that their own website is never slow or down, just their subscribers!

How is anyone that has compiled a petition list getting on???!!!

Gary

Hi, Is there anyone on Godaddy host? I'm having the problems too but it seems like everyone's solving issue with one.com but not Godaddy's. Similar to the initial poster, I can't receive any confirmation of my letter nor I receive any paid letter at all.

Can anyone help?

I'm getting really annoyed with this!

My site is running really slow now (30seconds+ per page) or not loading at all! Chat support say they have passed it to technical support but that a response will take 24-48 hours! This keeps happening to my site and they NEVER fix it!

I'm losing customers! And MONEY!

It's also funny that their own website is never slow or down, just their subscribers!

How is anyone that has compiled a petition list getting on???!!!

Gary

Same here, site is very slow to initially load. Then seems ok, click a different page and slow all over again!!
Not impressed! As if I was visiting the site, after 20 seconds of not loading I'd give and think the site was broken! its like dial-up all over again!!

Is someone asking about the slowness on the petition, as I assuming no matter what the package you bought from one.com the load up speed should be the same?

PHIL

Which version of Prestashop are you all using?
Will these problems be solved if I upgrade? I'm using 1.2.4 right now.
I really would like to go back to using PHP for sending emails. Or will I just have to wait until next version of Prestashop that can handle the latest version of PHP? Or have I just misunderstood the problem?

that is what i was told too

from a chat with one.com

Camille: we have a limitation on our phpmail. it the sender and recipient email addresses are neither under the domain @countryclothing.nl then you can only send upto 25 emails per day
Camille: if the sender and recipient email addresses are both under @countryclothing.nl then there is no limit
you: ??? I dont understand this
Camille: we have a limitation in sending emails through the website
you: OK that I understand, kind of. why should there be a limitation ?
Camille: our management has opted this limits to stop users from spamming

I have never had any problems when I used the PHP mail settings. At least have I not noticed any problems. I could send newsletters and both costumers and I got the emails when an order was made.
Where are the limitation? With PHP or SMTP? I was told SMTP, but maybe they have added a limit on PHP as well now?

But I don't get it really.
If neither of sender and recipient email addresses are under the same domain there is a limit. I get that. And if the sender and the recipient email addresses are under the same domain there is no limit. I get that too.
But what if the sender is under the domain but the recipient email address is not, what happens then? Is there a limit or not?

I think the problem is that One.com has grown a lot last few years and have today so many users that they feel a need to limit certain services to keep their prices low.
Exactly how they are counting this emails, smtp, php would be nice to know, is maybe even my ordinary pop mail also included?

I believe that if this is the fact with limit of 25 email per day, then ill have to switch host, unless the petition will change the limitation to something more reasonable.
Anyone know about any good hosts that has as nice prices as one.com?

//Peter

I have been emailing with One.com's support for several days now and I think I have asked all the stupid questions I can think of...
What I have learned is that if you use a emailaddress that belongs to your domain (@domain.com) and that your emailaccount is created and located at one.com (no alias) there is no limit of 25 emails/day.

• 2 weeks later...

was the earlier problem regarding the BO solved? the one where sales did not show up in the back office? I am having that problem now - i have had 3 sales and been paid through paypal but nothing shows up in the BO. can anyone help?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I allso realize that according to the stats i have not sold anything either.
I attached 2 pictures here explaining what i mean.
One picture shows that i have not had any orders this month and i have not sold anything this month
Next picture shows you just the opposite. that i have had orders and sales.
Can this have anything to do with why i don't get email´s?

I soon dont know more just what to do, is this email send out in anyway connected with the database also, that the problem can be there some how?

Thanks for your time

//Peter

i have the same problem ,i have read this topic carefully,but i really don't know how to fix it

Hi.

I have seen when i searched the forum that many more people have had same problem as me, but i have not seen any solution.

(This part is solved) No order shows in BO after customer successfully completed their purchase.

Problem is that i don't get ant new orders in BO when customer have gone trough with a purchase.
I have tested this my self now with different test accounts, and i tried order with Bank-wire and order with COD, other payments i have not tested.

The whole process for me as a customer looks correct, nothing looks strange, i get on screen all info needed to make my bank-wire or COD info. BUT i don't get any confirmation email.
And as i said, for me as store owner i don't get any info about the order.

This is i believe a very serious problem since customer can pay a lot of money and think they have been scammed.
I have as i said, searched the forum, and found a lot of posts about this, many have the problem with paypal, but just as many have it with Bank-wire and COD. But i don't see any solution in any of the threads.

So is there anyone that have figured this out and can help spreading the solution?
Or is this still unsolved?
Where shall i start to look, and for what should i look?
I hope for your help.
Thanks in advance.
//Peter

hi, cecepee ,i have read your thread carefully ,but i still how to fix it ,

24344_ArS6UasXEURhksjA33cW_t