Layered navigation block shows all indexes

Hello everybody,

I have searched for the solution for few hours, but didn't find the right one for me, therefore decided to ask the community for my case. (Had really no time left for more search)

So I have made a template in the  layered navigation block, which template has worked fine for some time and has shown all the selected indexes in the left navigation panel. I have selected all attributes + price of the items, and exclude the stock availability, condition and weight.

But today I have seen that except them, the panel shows all the indexes including weight, condition and stock availability. I have tried modifying, making a new template, but still the same result. All the indexes are shown, though that there are not all selected in the template.

I have read similar topics and noticed that the Friendly URL option in BO has also the warning: URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active in your server....

So I asked the hosting provider and they informed me that actually this option is active by default on their servers. I also have cleared the cache, changed the permissions of the htaccess file to 666, reset and re-enabled the module, but still there is no change of the functionality and all the indexes are shown.

So my question is how to enable the mod-rewriting in prestashop (where is the actual reason) and make my navigation layered module work accordingly to the template.

Edited by pl.sabotinov (see edit history)