auto upgrade won't find v1.6 - am using multistore v 1.5.6.2

Hi I'm unable to use the auto upgrade module (have the latest version of module) which won't find anything above my current version of prestashop v1.5.6.2 - just says I'm up to date and using the latest version of prestashop) I am very nervous about a manual upgrade. The shop is busy at the moment and I don't want any mistakes. Also need to integrate backend with developers using linnworks software who say I need to upgrade to latest v1.6 before they can do their work.

I always want to be using the latest version but need some help?

Any advice on best way to go to upgrade greatly appreciated?

Thanks
Mike

Hi,

My advice never upgrade live site to latest version on prestashop just to have latest to many dramas.

Always test it on a test setup first - you can get cheap cpanel hosting with installatron software which has some nice features to transfer your current website/database across so you can test/configure and backup/restore in increments as you fix issues without upsetting your live site. (you may have something like this already)

Even though it is called 1 click-upgrade, it is followed with 5000 clicks to fix/fine tune.

You don't want that stress on a live site.

You are lucky the upgrade didn't work.

Things to check after upgrade that normally go pear shaped for me.

Localization change

Taxes/Invoices

Rounding issues

Payment module play up and disappear (Paypal - Stripe)

Unknown module changes - These are the fun ones

Don't forget to change the copyright date as well that will still be 2014 as it doesn't change automatically.

Layout issues

Random introduced problems

Have fun

ha ha yes fun that's the word. Thanks for the advice it's certainly sound. Because I'm using multi-sore with 3 currencies you can see why I'm nervous. I am lucky in one sense though, that my server provider backs up the entire site and data every evening so if it did all go tits up I do have a undo button, but what I really need is a seamless transition without too much down time. I've asked prestashop why they think it's not happening but am pretty much resigned to a manual upgrade.

Will look into installatron, not heard of it before thanks!

Mike