Question: Users experiencing Shipping and Payment modules "resetting" periodically in checkout proccess?

Lo there,

I have been loading modules and modifying settings/code quite aggressively on my test Presta installation.

Now I don't know if it's because of my messing around or because of incompatibility with modules but every few weeks I get the errors "No carriers" and "No Payment modules set" in the checkout screen.

Regarding, "No Payment Modules installed", I then have to un-install the payment modules, reinstall them and then re-link in Ship-to-Pay module.
Regarding, "No carriers" I have to re-input the details under the shipping tab and re-set price ranges etc

I am running Presta 1.2.5

It this an issue that anyone else is experiencing?

The reason I ask is that , yes, I have been pulling my test store to pieces and testing virtually every mod out there, but I need to know that when I eventually go live, that Prestashop is stable and settings that need to stay put will not magically "reset" themselves...

Regards,

Ok,

What I have found is weird...

I set up my carriers, zones etc... All perfect...

Then if I set "Fees by carrier, geographical zone, and ranges" to any amount, that amount will reflect on the carriers in the Shipping screen in the checkout process. Please see attached pic "01.jpg" as an example.

Then if I set the "Fees by carrier, geographical zone, and ranges" to 0.00, then on the Shipping screen in the checkout process, all the carriers say "Free". Please see attached pic "02.jpg" as an example.

Now, I do not want to show shipping price calculated as we get that price to the client (via e-mail) AFTER they have completed the transaction as our items weight combinations are too varied. To these clients I would like it to show "Shipping costs to be confirmed later" in the shipping section of the checkout proccess.
We also have clients ordering online but coming by the stores to pick up the goods in person so they will see "Free!" if they choose the "Shop pickup" carrier.

To do this is easy as I just edit order-carrier.tpl, line 80 to say "{if $carrier.id_carrier == 10 OR $carrier.id_carrier == 12}{l s='Shipping costs to be confirmed.'}{else}{l s='Free!'}{/if}" (Thanks Rocky)

I then end up with exactly what screen I am looking to display to my client in the shipping section of the checkout process.. Please see attached pic "03.jpg" as an example.

What is killing me is that this seems to "reset" after a while. I know I am messing around with trying many different mods and stuff, but nothing to do with shipping etc...

What then happens is that after everything is set fine (See attached pic "03.jpg"), a few days later if I want to do a checkout transaction, it's like the shop has defaulted back to first install, where I need to set the shiping zones and carriers all over again because I get the "There is no carrier available that will deliver to this address” and the "Payment Module not set up" error.

This is a real pain and if anyone else is having the same issue or can shed some light onto why this is happening, I would be mega appreciated. I don't want to go live and then get angry mails from clients every few weeks because they are getting checkout errors and i need to manually "reset" the carrier/payment modules.

Regards,

17763_42Daqgyr0nZVKgPQB5L6_t

17764_XJ4UguZypLAUFMVhrNWG_t

17765_IEPUfIGSboTid5ZPhf9k_t

• 5 months later...