Cart is empty after adding products to it & Hack Atempt

I posted this in the Swedish forum, but i believe there are many more users here so i will post it here as well.

Today i got email from 2 customers telling me that they get the "hack attempt" while trying to place an order.
I logged in to my test account and try to place an order.
I click on "buy now" and i see the animated box moving to the cart. But, the cart is empty, its nothing there.
I test with another product, place it in the cart. and same again, my cart is still empty.
BUT at the log-in area, where it says welcome, "name" "your account" and "cart", that cart says i have 3 items in my cart.

But when i click at the cart to see whats inside it still shows that its empty.
So i think its a bug and if i just continue to next step in the process hoping it might turn up again.
But after i click "next" i get the "hack attempt" message that my customers got earlier.

I have not used my store for a while due to some reasons so i haven't got any orders for the last 2-3 months.
And i was just gonna start now again when this occur.
I do run 1.150
A few weeks ago i tried to upgrade to 1.2.50 but aborted at the screen where im supposed to name the database.
I didn't wanna ruin the db so i aborted the upgrade.
i have also tried a few other themes this last month, but always changed back to my original.

in my phpmyadmin i can see that i have 3 different prefix in my db ps_ ps2_ and OO_
The last one must have been created when i tried to upgrade, its at least consistent with the dates around that time.
In my store preferences i have stated the ps2_ prefix. And that it has been for over a year and worked fine before.
The ps_ is older, but have never been in the way earlier.

All my products are still in the catalog, and the amount is correct as well.
and looking in my db for ps2_ it is correct.

What have happened to my webshop?
Its an urgent problem now so ANY input of what to do is most welcome.

Thanks for your time.
Best regards
Peter

Is there not anyone that might have slightest idiea about this? any idea, pointer, help is much appreciated.
As it is now my shop is down until this is fixed. Do i dare to delete some prefix in the db for example?

Thanx.

Best regards
Peter

• 6 months later...

Hello.

I dont really remember for sure, but i think it was my host one.com that was moving db-servers and during that this problems occurred for me.
Its all fixed now, it was like just a temporary bug.

Sorry that i cant give you a better answer.

//Peter

Thanks Peter for your quick response... but what I'm trying to do is to create a development environment in a separate server.

At this point and after reading a lot of threads, I guess that there is a cookie issue, that I really don't know how to solve.

If you have a clue, it will be appreciated! ;)